+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed PPR email by a year

hpswamy

May 24, 2018
Hello everyone, I found out I missed my PPR email by a year since it went to my spam folder.

The agent I spoke to at IRCC said he sent an email to the visa processing office in Ottawa explaining my situation. I am Aug 2018 AoR, my PPR email was sent in early october 2018.

Is there any hope for me? Do I have to go through the entire process again?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello everyone, I found out I missed my PPR email by a year since it went to my spam folder.

The agent I spoke to at IRCC said he sent an email to the visa processing office in Ottawa explaining my situation. I am Aug 2018 AoR, my PPR email was sent in early october 2018.

Is there any hope for me? Do I have to go through the entire process again?
Send an email to Justin Treadue and the minister for IRCC for help, also tweet to IRCC and the Canadian cabinet.

Reactions: iamdyal

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Send an email to Justin Treadue and the minister for IRCC for help, also tweet to IRCC and the Canadian cabinet.
There is no point in emailing the Prime Minister, the IRCC minister or the cabinet. OP has already contacted IRCC.

hpswamy

May 24, 2018
Hello everyone, I got a reply from the visa processing office saying this.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada and the recent correspondence we received advising us that you never received a Ready for Visa (RV) letter. Your RFV letter was emailed on Oct 04 2018 to the email address we have on file: [REDACTED] Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document expired on June 01 2019. In order to grant an extension, new medicals may be required. We will contact you if any further information or documents are required. Please check your online account and your email account for any instructions that will be forthcoming. Please pay special attention to your “spam” folder in your email account.
Can i interpret this positively?

Reactions: iamdyal

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello everyone, I got a reply from the visa processing office saying this.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada and the recent correspondence we received advising us that you never received a Ready for Visa (RV) letter. Your RFV letter was emailed on Oct 04 2018 to the email address we have on file: [REDACTED] Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document expired on June 01 2019. In order to grant an extension, new medicals may be required. We will contact you if any further information or documents are required. Please check your online account and your email account for any instructions that will be forthcoming. Please pay special attention to your “spam” folder in your email account.
Can i interpret this positively?
Sounds positive. Most likely they are going to request new medicals from you and may extend the validity of your COPR once they have received your new medical examinations.

Sgp

Dec 2, 2019
How longs does cic take to respond this request.did you receive any update after it ?

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Something similar happened to me, i was reviewing my junk email today and found a final request email with date February 21st 2020 with a 15 day deadline to submit documents,im not really sure if the email is legit but i really dont know what to do now, any suggestions, do i still have hope?

hpswamy

May 24, 2018
Something similar happened to me, i was reviewing my junk email today and found a final request email with date February 21st 2020 with a 15 day deadline to submit documents,im not really sure if the email is legit but i really dont know what to do now, any suggestions, do i still have hope?
Yeah, I just had to get my medicals done again. I’m already in Toronto working as a senior data scientist lol.

Reactions: Ranger91

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
All you can do is send a Webform.

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Yeah, I just had to get my medicals done again. I’m already in Toronto working as a senior data scientist lol.
Thanks for the info, here´s an update on my case my deadline was due on march 6th given that my ppr went to spam mail, I´ve wrote directly to Canadian embassy in mexico (visa office assigned since I live in Nicaragua) and made a case specific inquiry but i haven't relieved a reply, yesterday i talked to a Canadian immigration lawyer an she advised me to send my docs on the PPR directly to the embassy in mexico sin de VAC office in Nicaragua is not receiving any docs due tot he crisis, any thoughts on this??

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Update on April 7th i I wrote to embassy in Mexico and created a case specific inquiry with no response until may 14th, I sent directly the embassy my wife’s and my passport along with documents required on PPR and explanation letter about the dates situation on April 17th by attorney recommendations, and I would like to share with you guys that yesterday may 15th got notified that the passports have been stamped and copr issued and sent back to me

Gubbu2020

Sep 25, 2021
Do you guys think I should just send my passports, photos and a return envelop as requested or is it risky to send my passports without CIC first confirmining that they would grant me PR after the deadline expired.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Do you guys think I should just send my passports, photos and a return envelop as requested or is it risky to send my passports without CIC first confirmining that they would grant me PR after the deadline expired.
I would confirm first. You probably want your passport back eventually.