+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed passport submission 30 day deadline. What to do now?

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi,

I received the letter for a submission of original passport. The letter asked to submit the passport within 30 days. Unfortunately, I was traveling and did not have passport in hand with me. So, could not send the passport within 30 days. Today, it has been 37 days since I received the letter requesting the passport. I have the passport in hand now. Has anyone been through a similar experience? Can I send my passport for the visa now, even though I am late?

I have tried reaching out to IRCC through Twitter. I had also raised a web form explaining that I will not be able to submit my passport within 30 days. It has been more than 30 days since I submitted the web form, but haven't heard back.

Thank you.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi,

I received the letter for a submission of original passport. The letter asked to submit the passport within 30 days. Unfortunately, I was traveling and did not have passport in hand with me. So, could not send the passport within 30 days. Today, it has been 37 days since I received the letter requesting the passport. I have the passport in hand now. Has anyone been through a similar experience? Can I send my passport for the visa now, even though I am late?

I have tried reaching out to IRCC through Twitter. I had also raised a web form explaining that I will not be able to submit my passport within 30 days. It has been more than 30 days since I submitted the web form, but haven't heard back.

Thank you.
if you have informed ircc in advance, then write a letter stating all that and send it along with your passport for stamping, it should go through (in the worst case they will send it back without stamping), i have read people doing like this in this forum, hope it helps

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
if you have informed ircc in advance, then write a letter stating all that and send it along with your passport for stamping, it should go through (in the worst case they will send it back without stamping), i have read people doing like this in this forum, hope it helps
Thank you. That's what I was thinking as well. Worst case scenario my passport makes a round-trip to the consulate.

Reactions: canadian321

Christinoa

May 27, 2022
Hi,

Thank you.
Did you get your passport stamped ?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi,

Thank you.
I would say missing the deadline by almost 9 months is likely not going to get the visa stamped without reapplying. Your situation could have changed, your background check could show something you could’ve been charged with, or convicted for, (not saying you are), but to the visa officer .. 9 months is plenty of time for any sort of situation to change that they evaluate you on prior to making a decision.

Inzbaby

Aug 27, 2022
Hi,

Thank you.
Hi did you get your passport back?

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi im in a similar situation. Should I send passport simultaneously while also raising webform for extension?