+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed my citizenship test date? Edmonton

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
I received a letter to appear in exam back in April but I got the letter late and i missed the date.
I was wondering if any one know what is the next date to write the citizenship exam?

its over 6 months now. :'(

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
you are great man, you dint take any action since six months.
we are waiting for citizenship everyday :))

ok please call the CIC help desk and schedule the test date.

and if you have local CIC office please go there and explain situation and reschedule the date.
good luck.

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Oh I did call them the same day I recieved the letter (after the exam date). They told me for edmonton location you just have to wait if you miss your date they automatically send you another date.

that is what I am waiting for, when will that next date come :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody knows. Immigration is funny that way. They just seem to schedule people when they feel like it and if you miss a date, you may have to wait a long time.

E

erikag

I know someone (local office: Edmonton) from another forum whose test was scheduled in May but he/she missed it and still waiting for a new test date. Our local office's backlog is getting bigger and bigger every day since we have not had a citizenship judge since January 2012. They still have not scheduled the test date for many applicants whose case went into process last year. Your wait will probably be loooong ....

E

erikag

I hope it is not true. Although I have not heard anyone taking test since May. I know there were tests in February, March and May this year.

Who told you that CIC only schedules tests twice a year?

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
I called the CIC office in edmonton, after waiting for over 6 months. They told me that now the test is only twice a year so if you missed one you have to wait till the next date which she didnt tell me what month will it be..

I missed my date in April so lets see :( it sucks

Can some one confirm this?

E

erikag

Could you please share the Edmonton office's phone number with us? :)

If the last test was scheduled in May, than the next one should be scheduled in November! Hopefully we will be invited for that one!

E

erikag

That is not the number of the local Edmonton office. That is the number of the main CIC office.

Why do not you order your GCMS notes? It is free ... Hopefully you will be able to confirm that you were indeed put in a queue for test and not for CJ hearing (which can also happen if someone misses the test and it takes a lot longer).

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
How can i order that?

I just spoke with them and they told me that I have to wait for one more month and hopefuly during this period I will get a notice. She told me if I dont get a letter by Nov 11 I should call them, so lets see.

E

erikag

jshahid, CIC Edmonton has started scheduling tests for November. Hopefully we will also get an invitation soon. Good luck! :)