+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating

Jun 24, 2019
Hello i applied for Tourism visa and i got this answer I

am refusing your application on the following grounds: I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you. You have been found inadmissible to Canada in accordance with paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or co + + + + + You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can de is that mean its ban and what shall i do if some one know .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

am refusing your application on the following grounds: I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you. You have been found inadmissible to Canada in accordance with paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or co + + + + + You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can de is that mean its ban and what shall i do if some one know .
This means you have been banned from Canada for 5 years for misrepresenting information in your application.

Rasha.shan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019

What was your timeline can you share plz

Rasha.shan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019

Have you got previously refused and didn’t mentioned in your form?

Jun 24, 2019
I got refuse from US and i did not mention it by mistake any way the law is clear directly or indirectly i thought it not a ban cause of they send me a letter 7 month back saying and i replay back

Jun 24, 2019
Then i want to apply for Australian visa and there is question saying ""have you ever been deported or removed or excluded from any country including Australia is excluded mean refused or banned any information ?

Rasha.shan

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
I got refuse from US and i did not mention it by mistake any way the law is clear directly or indirectly i thought it not a ban cause of they send me a letter 7 month back saying and i replay back
When did you applied your TRV for canada....i have submitted my file at VFS Lahore on 15th March gave the biometric also on the same day got my biometric validity letter on 27th of March and still waiting since then for decision

Jun 24, 2019
I still grounded for the misrepresentation for 60 month due to 40 1 A , and i will apply for refugee claim from US -Canada border ( land border) as i got the USA visa after the Canada refusal , how ever as i said i want to apply for the claim inside Canada and my brother is protected person in Canada as well due to political reasons so my question is
1-How the misrepresentation will going to effect on my case and my live starting from the port of entry then , immigration board
2-Is it will effect in my credibility ?
3- is my concern is the misrepresentation is my concern or my refugee claim ?
4- In case of i am going to be granted as protected person is that will effect on PR ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I still grounded for the misrepresentation for 60 month due to 40 1 A , and i will apply for refugee claim from US -Canada border ( land border) as i got the USA visa after the Canada refusal , how ever as i said i want to apply for the claim inside Canada and my brother is protected person in Canada as well due to political reasons so my question is
1-How the misrepresentation will going to effect on my case and my live starting from the port of entry then , immigration board
2-Is it will effect in my credibility ?
3- is my concern is the misrepresentation is my concern or my refugee claim ?
4- In case of i am going to be granted as protected person is that will effect on PR ?
As said in your other thread, you can't do this right now. Due to COVID-19, anyone who tries to claim refugee status at the border is returned to the U.S.

You'll need to wait and see if / when the border restrictions are lifted.

Jun 24, 2019
As said in your other thread, you can't do this right now. Due to COVID-19, anyone who tries to claim refugee status at the border is returned to the U.S.

You'll need to wait and see if / when the border restrictions are lifted.
Thank you for your response but for your information just to correct your info safe third country still in effect which is applied on me .

so in regards of my question do you have any answer if you are expert on that ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response but for your information just to correct your info safe third country still in effect which is applied on me .

so in regards of my question do you have any answer if you are expert on that ?
The safe-third country in agreement is still in effect. IN ADDITION to the safe third country agreement, there is also an additional temporary policy in place due to COVID-19 where anyone claiming refugee status at the border will be returned to the U.S. This is why it is not possible for you to claim refugee status at this time. Anyone trying to claim refugee status at the border right now is returned to the U.S.

Claiming refugee status at the border may be possible for you once the temporary policy related to COVID-19 is lifted. You should pay for a consultation with a Canadian immigration lawyer since your case is not straight-forward and you are currently inadmissible to Canada due to the 5 year ban. That makes your situation complicated.

Jun 24, 2019
i already did that , meanwhile just for your info the condition / Case you mentioned is applied for irregular crossing border yes the send them back to US detention .other hint in effect mean in effect and i believe you talk about travel restrictions.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/refugees.html#claimants

Temporary agreement between Canada and the U.S.
  • Individuals entering Canada from the U.S. to make an asylum claim will be temporarily sent back to the U.S.
  • Individuals entering the U.S. from Canada to make an asylum claim will be temporarily sent back to Canada.
This applies

• between official ports of entry along the land border
  • at air and marine ports of entry
If you make a claim at a land port of entry, the Safe Third Country Agreement applies.

As you can see its between the land border not on the land border

Vanessa29

Aug 21, 2021
I applied for eTa and I didn’t realise that I made a mistake indirectly by saying no instead of yes and I received this and now I don’t know which document I have to send help please thanks

In accordance with Section 11(1.01) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), an electronic Travel Authorization may be issued to a foreign national if he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
You have indicated on your application that you have never been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country.
There is information on file that indicates that you have not answered this question truthfully, namely, You were refused a Study Permit on 2019/11/29.
As a result, I have concerns that you do not meet the requirements of the Act, namely, to answer truthfully all questions.
Before I make a final decision, you are provided with an opportunity to submit the requested information above as well as any additional information relating to these concerns. You have ten (10) days from the date of this letter to send your submission to our office. Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.