+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
I did not disclose in my PR application Nox Vidmate VLC form that I was refused a US B1-B2 visa and US Student ViSA and also a Hungary Schengen visa too. At the moment I have passed the eligibility and criminality check but security and background verification is on going at the moment. Please what can I do so that I won't be charged with misrepresentation?
I applied last week to a TRV and they ask me about the same. I answered correctly in the TRV but I realize that there were a similar question in my PR application .

karmendosa

May 17, 2019
Venezuela
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-05-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
15-07-2019
Med's Done....
17-07-2019
I applied last week to a TRV and they ask me about the same. I answered correctly in the TRV but I realize that there were a similar question in my PR application .
I had the same experience. When I applied for my TRV I realized that there were a similar question in my PR application and that I had answered NO instead af YES. It was an involuntary error so a lawyer recommended me to inform IRCC through web form sending attached the form where I made the mistake with the correct information apologizing for the involuntary error.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I became PR in 2015 april and now I am a citizen...
I did a small marrige cermney november 2014 with my spouse before we I got my PR in india but we never registred for Marriage certificate back then
My wife came in dec 2014 december to canada on student visa and was living with me only and then I became PR in April 2015 . So then in 2015 in november we went back to India and registred our marriage on the same day we intially got married. So Then we came back to canada and I did inland sponsorship for her PR and showed our mariage november 2015 the same date with certificate and pictures..... i just wanted to know is that counted as misrepsentation.... will ircc get to knoe abot this ??
Okay. Did you "marry" twice? Once in 2014 and once more in 2015? Or only once in 2014?

Well, technically, you have misrepresented. You did a marriage ceremony and you became husband and wife. Unless that marriage ceremony was "not" a marriage, you are misrepresenting sir -- to the best of my knowledge. Further entanglement is that your papers show a different date of marriage, from your description, they are showing Nov 2015 as your date of marriage. So you are also messing that too.

You have photographs from nov 2014, I guess? You have marriage certificate from 2015, showing date of marriage as nov 2015. This is the classical case of misrepresentation, as much as I know. Claiming that ceremony took place in nov 2015 while pics from nov 2014.

Now, what you might want to know what will happen? Thats hard to tell. If you are caught, now or in future because of any reasons, sometimes due to something unrelated to your Pr/Citizenship, you could be in soup.

If not, then nothing.

How to fix the situation? I don't know... its an entanglement that requires perhaps a lawyer to crack...

NaumanK

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Dubai
Hi
I am in similar situation also .. my uk visit was rejected and two times canada visit visa ... genuinely i did not read question properly and selected NO ... already uploaded imm5669 form and sent email as well but still worried that what will they think about it
Worst part is that I am a very honest and transparent guy but this mistake might screw my profile... really worried about it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I am in similar situation also .. my uk visit was rejected and two times canada visit visa ... genuinely i did not read question properly and selected NO ... already uploaded imm5669 form and sent email as well but still worried that what will they think about it
Worst part is that I am a very honest and transparent guy but this mistake might screw my profile... really worried about it
If you sent in a webform correcting your error you should be fine.

karmendosa

May 17, 2019
Venezuela
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-05-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
15-07-2019
Med's Done....
17-07-2019
Hi
I had the same experience. I think we are not the only ones with this involuntary error. I think if we realized before them and we clarified as we did there would be no problem. I will let you know how my process is going, if there is some mention about this issue. Hopefuly everything will be ok.

johnnywasserman

Nov 27, 2020
Hi I did not mention my internships as part of my personal history as I assumed it would be considered under education. Could this be considered as misrepresentation?
I went to the web form and uploaded a letter of explanation detailing all of the internships, start date, end date etc. However I did not receive any confirmation from IRCC. My application was submitted on Nov 5th and currently I am in the pre medicals phase.

NaumanK

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Dubai
I had the same experience. I think we are not the only ones with this involuntary error. I think if we realized before them and we clarified as we did there would be no problem. I will let you know how my process is going, if there is some mention about this issue. Hopefuly everything will be ok.
Pls do update me once you get any reply from them.
Thanks

Reactions: karmendosa

karmendosa

May 17, 2019
Venezuela
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-05-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
15-07-2019
Med's Done....
17-07-2019
Hi Dear

Is there any update at your side ?
Hi! No news yet. However I received the notes a week ago and there were no mention of the issue. They didn't mention that I resend the form either. Nothing. I hope everything will be ok. I'm stuck in the eligibility assessment as everyone in the sponsorship process. What about you?

NaumanK

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Dubai
Hi! No news yet. However I received the notes a week ago and there were no mention of the issue. They didn't mention that I resend the form either. Nothing. I hope everything will be ok. I'm stuck in the eligibility assessment as everyone in the sponsorship process. What about you?
Okay thats good to know that there is nuthing in gcms notes.
In gcms notes there is one check... schedule A background: reviewed or not reviewed ... I hope its reviewed which might mean that things are okay.
As soon as I get any update I will inform u as well.

How much time it took for you to receive gcms notes ?

Thanks

karmendosa

May 17, 2019
Venezuela
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-05-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
15-07-2019
Med's Done....
17-07-2019
Okay thats good to know that there is nuthing in gcms notes.
In gcms notes there is one check... schedule A background: reviewed or not reviewed ... I hope its reviewed which might mean that things are okay.
As soon as I get any update I will inform u as well.

How much time it took for you to receive gcms notes ?

Thanks
It took a month to receive the notes. About the Schedule A just says received, not reviewed or not reviewed. This has been this way since the beginning. In fact the date is the first date when the application was received and it has never changed.

Let's hope the best. I'll keep you posted.

NaumanK

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Dubai
It took a month to receive the notes. About the Schedule A just says received, not reviewed or not reviewed. This has been this way since the beginning. In fact the date is the first date when the application was received and it has never changed.

Let's hope the best. I'll keep you posted.
Means your schedule A is still not reviewed by migration officer.
Sure I will update once I get any further information.

Find my whatssapp no.
+1 (437) 374-3802

BORAMA

Apr 23, 2021
Hi Guys,

USA visa refused once and then i have reapplied twice and i got approved.

Then, i have not disclosed my visa refusal on my refugees claim. Again while extending my work permit i have not disclosed it.

Now im applying my PR and im disclosing it . So, shoud i be concerned ? What is your opinion.

Thanks