Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-10-2017
On Schedule A background form there is a question 6 sub d “been refused refugee status,an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to canada or any other country or territory?”
I had ticked NO in front of this question, now after reading different posts on this forum I think I have committed misrepresentation. Since my PR application was refused and then I went for appeal and after winning the appeal my application was re-opened.I was asked to submit Schedule A form and in my mind this is my old application and prior I never had any visa refusals etc so I should tick NO.

Will my application be refused on the basis of misrepresentation?

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
On Schedule A background form there is a question 6 sub d “been refused refugee status,an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to canada or any other country or territory?”
I had ticked NO in front of this question, now after reading different posts on this forum I think I have committed misrepresentation. Since my PR application was refused and then I went for appeal and after winning the appeal my application was re-opened.I was asked to submit Schedule A form and in my mind this is my old application and prior I never had any visa refusals etc so I should tick NO.

Will my application be refused on the basis of misrepresentation?
Yes, there's a very high chance. Immediately fill out a form with correct information and submit it with an explanation letter.

Reactions: 25may2k7_applicant

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Not to answer your question, but for others that may have similar situation as yours:
Once you successfully overturn the VISA refusal in the same VISA category from a specific country, then you should tick "No" to that question. For example, if you had been denied an visitor VISA from Canada or any other countries, then you reapplied and managed to get your visitor VISA approved from that country, then in your application you should/can tick the question with "No". But if your visitor VISA was denied and you managed to get a VISA from different category, such as work VISA, then you should tick "yes" to that question.

NaumanK

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Dubai
Not to answer your question, but for others that may have similar situation as yours:
Once you successfully overturn the VISA refusal in the same VISA category from a specific country, then you should tick "No" to that question. For example, if you had been denied an visitor VISA from Canada or any other countries, then you reapplied and managed to get your visitor VISA approved from that country, then in your application you should/can tick the question with "No". But if your visitor VISA was denied and you managed to get a VISA from different category, such as work VISA, then you should tick "yes" to that question.
Hi
My canada visit visa was rejected two times and on third attempt it got approved, my student visa for uk was rejected in march 2010 and applied canada PR application in Feb 2020 and I think i did a mistake by selection NO...
I have already uploaded new form with correct information... Will it be problem???

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi
My canada visit visa was rejected two times and on third attempt it got approved, my student visa for uk was rejected in march 2010 and applied canada PR application in Feb 2020 and I think i did a mistake by selection NO...
I have already uploaded new form with correct information... Will it be problem???
No, it will not be any problem for sure.

BORAMA

Apr 23, 2021
Miraclejj my US was refused back in 2011 and then i have reapplied and manged to get twice. it was the same visa category.

I have answered no the questions of visa/immigration denial. Please, advise did i answer the question properly.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Miraclejj my US was refused back in 2011 and then i have reapplied and manged to get twice. it was the same visa category.

I have answered no the questions of visa/immigration denial. Please, advise did i answer the question properly.

Thanks in advance.
No. You answered incorrectly. You were refused in 2011. You must declare this refusal.

You need to contact IRCC asap to fix this problem.

BORAMA

Apr 23, 2021
Miraclejj,

You wrote this message below back on the 30 th Nov 2020.

If believe this is the same thing. First refusal then i have reapplied and got it aprroved.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Miraclejj,

You wrote this message below back on the 30 th Nov 2020.

If believe this is the same thing. First refusal then i have reapplied and got it aprroved.
Dont wait for his/her reply as i think he/she is not active. Just submit updated form via webform if you have file number. There is no harm to send updated form right now. Later it could make problem for you. You sould answer "Yes" and just explain you got rejected in 2011 for USA.