+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation

marblesanchez

Apr 5, 2019
I know someone that was sponsored by his second wife to come to Canada.The couple got married in Singapore and from there they started the application process for spousal visa.But the guy is not legally separated from his first/legal wife who is in the Philippines and they have 2 kids in which they were not declared as dependents.The petition for spousal visa happened last 2014 and the guy cane to Canada on 2015.Its been years that they have fooling the government of Canada by getting free healthcare and employment insurance. Do you think if this case will reported to the immigration and CBSA the guy will be deported to Philippine

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I know someone that was sponsored by his second wife to come to Canada.The couple got married in Singapore and from there they started the application process for spousal visa.But the guy is not legally separated from his first/legal wife who is in the Philippines and they have 2 kids in which they were not declared as dependents.The petition for spousal visa happened last 2014 and the guy cane to Canada on 2015.Its been years that they have fooling the government of Canada by getting free healthcare and employment insurance. Do you think if this case will reported to the immigration and CBSA the guy will be deported to Philippine
You would be the ex spouse in the Philippines?

You can report it but if you have no proof, they likely won't investigate. If they do investigate, IRCC will not update you on the result.

Note that he could have obtained a foreign divorce prior to marrying the second wife or they could have applied as common-law. They could also have declared the children but had them excluded from the app.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Never hurts to report. I would include your marriage record and birth certificate for your children. I assume the father’s name is on the birth certificates. Sounds like he didn’t declare his children on the application either. Did they do a medical?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You would be the ex spouse in the Philippines?

You can report it but if you have no proof, they likely won't investigate. If they do investigate, IRCC will not update you on the result.

Note that he could have obtained a foreign divorce prior to marrying the second wife or they could have applied as common-law. They could also have declared the children but had them excluded from the app.
The points above are very important. Most people know that you cannot obtain divorces in the Philippines. So if the guy established a common-law relationship with the second wife AND declared the children as non-accompanying or willingly excluded them from sponsorship, he may have done nothing wrong.

To the OP, is there a reason why you wish to attempt to ruin someone's life? Do you know first-hand that the guy has gone through this effort with the express intention of defrauding Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The points above are very important. Most people know that you cannot obtain divorces in the Philippines. So if the guy established a common-law relationship with the second wife AND declared the children as non-accompanying or willingly excluded them from sponsorship, he may have done nothing wrong.

To the OP, is there a reason why you wish to attempt to ruin someone's life? Do you know first-hand that the guy has gone through this effort with the express intention of defrauding Canada?
Assume it is the 1st wife and she may be upset that their children were not declared.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That's an assumption, sure, but the guy could have waived his ability to sponsor them. I dislike immigration fraud, but we're assuming it happened here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's an assumption, sure, but the guy could have waived his ability to sponsor them. I dislike immigration fraud, but we're assuming it happened here.
(Unless the person has proof nothing will happen. Even with proof of a previous marriage nothing may happen and yes OP may be unaware of whether they applied as common law.