+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation

Victory2017

Jun 30, 2017
I filled for humanitarian&compassionate back in 2015 ,after my application was in process i got pregnant then give birth last february 2016 .I have my inland landing interview next week i would like know if it will be problem to disclose the child if they ask me . Do i have any dependent child. As the child born in canada does not need to sponsor but want to know if will affect my PR next week in my interview

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Tell that to the officer, but wouldn't worry. You are right, a child born in Canada won't be considered a dependant for permanent residency since they are citizens.

Victory2017

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks for replying . I know i will tell the officier . But i heard some people said that i should have send the information to cic first that i have give birth to child .The officier might give hard time since the child did not add on my application. Which is i thought as long as i tell them i have a canadian child now it should be ok

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Incorrect. That child, if it was born in Canada is Canadian citizen. But it is still your dependent family. So if ever your refugee claim fails, your child has to go back to your country with you. (as you are his parent or guardian which is more than staying in his country of citizenship). You can still try human compassion after that which is only given under exceptional circumstances.
And yes you are supposed to inform the office about changes in your family composition. (it is best to check the law if there is any applicable deadline). Best is to ask the lawyer how such case (late disclose of family composition change) is handled.