+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation on the basis of previous visitor visa!!! Help

gulatis1990

Dec 28, 2018
Dear Members,

Two years ago, i applied for visitor visa of canada and it was rejected on the basis of Purpose of Visit. At that time, i did not disclose 3 years of part-time work exp and only disclosed 2 years of full-time work exp in the visa application. I have received an ITA now and should i disclose 3 years of part-time work exp in "Personal History" section?

Note: I am not claiming any CRS points for the 3 years of part-time work exp as it is in NOC-C. Will disclosing the 3 year part-time work exp lead to misrepresentation as i did not disclosed it in earlier visitor visa application?

Kindly assist me members? @DelPiero07 @legalfalcon

Reactions: Hajimuktar

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Dear Members,

Two years ago, i applied for visitor visa of canada and it was rejected on the basis of Purpose of Visit. At that time, i did not disclose 3 years of part-time work exp and only disclosed 2 years of full-time work exp in the visa application. I have received an ITA now and should i disclose 3 years of part-time work exp in "Personal History" section?

Note: I am not claiming any CRS points for the 3 years of part-time work exp as it is in NOC-C. Will disclosing the 3 year part-time work exp lead to misrepresentation as i did not disclosed it in earlier visitor visa application?

Kindly assist me members? @DelPiero07 @legalfalcon
forget the past, you must declare the facts truthfully. so if you made a mistake in the past, don't continue with it. you past mistake will not affect you, but your current will.

gulatis1990

Dec 28, 2018
forget the past, you must declare the facts truthfully. so if you made a mistake in the past, don't continue with it. you past mistake will not affect you, but your current will.
You are right...I will state my previous work exp and write an LOE stating the reason why i did not disclose it in the first place. Thank You so much!!!

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
You are right...I will state my previous work exp and write an LOE stating the reason why i did not disclose it in the first place. Thank You so much!!!
you don't need to write an LoE for what you did not do in the past. was that lapse on your part noticed or flagged by them ? If no one noticed or raised it specifically as an issue, then forget that you "did not disclose 3 years of part-time work exp and only disclosed 2 years of full-time work exp in the visa application".

While filing the current application be truthful about what is currently asked or required (disclose 3 years of part-time work exp), use the LoE only to explain issues relevant to current application.

gulatis1990

Dec 28, 2018
you don't need to write an LoE for what you did not do in the past. was that lapse on your part noticed or flagged by them ? If no one noticed or raised it specifically as an issue, then forget that you "did not disclose 3 years of part-time work exp and only disclosed 2 years of full-time work exp in the visa application".

While filing the current application be truthful about what is currently asked or required (disclose 3 years of part-time work exp), use the LoE only to explain issues relevant to current application.
So your suggestion is to just disclose the earlier omitted work experience in "Personal History" section?

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
So your suggestion is to just disclose the earlier omitted work experience in "Personal History" section?
yes, you don't need to state that it was omitted. just be factually correct this time.

also mention that you "applied for visitor visa of canada and it was rejected on the basis of Purpose of Visit. there is a section where you will be specifically asked this. just say you had applied in <when> and that it was rejected for <official reason stated in rejection letter>.

you are not expected to provide your interpretation of why it was rejected or any of your fears.

gulatis1990

Dec 28, 2018
yes, you don't need to state that it was omitted. just be factually correct this time.

also mention that you "applied for visitor visa of canada and it was rejected on the basis of Purpose of Visit. there is a section where you will be specifically asked this. just say you had applied in <when> and that it was rejected for <official reason stated in rejection letter>.

you are not expected to provide your interpretation of why it was rejected or any of your fears.
Okay...Thank You again so much. I will be 200% truthful this time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Members,

Kindly assist me members? @legalfalcon
Yes, you will have to declare the part time work ex in your personal history, even if you do not add it to your work history as you are not claiming points for it.

This is not misrepresentation. I wrote a post on misrepresentation on the forum and you can search it. On not disclosing or altering "MATERIAL FACTS" amounts to misrepresentation. Since the part time work you did was irrelevant for the purpose of visitors visa and so is for your PR application, it is not misrepresentation. However, since you are required to disclose it in personal history, you should.

Reactions: upon

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
I just found out that I hadn't included a portion of my legit work experience on a temporary resident visa applied earlier (which was promptly refused).

Now I am claiming points for the said experience. I have the reference letters (with job duties and working hours), pay slips for salary received in cash and also a rudimentary job letter.

Do you think the fact that I had omitted the information in the TR form trouble me in my application?

And the reason I didn't include that back then was because it was part time work during studies, and I had apprehensions that V.O might question as to how could I work part time while being a full time student. I mean, I was convinced to an effect that it won't help my case if I included it and that it wasn't relevant.

So, would the discrepancy bug me now that I wish to claim points for it? :oops:

@legalfalcon @DelPiero07

Thanks for any help!

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
I just found out that I hadn't included a portion of my legit work experience on a temporary resident visa applied earlier (which was promptly refused).

Now I am claiming points for the said experience. I have the reference letters (with job duties and working hours), pay slips for salary received in cash and also a rudimentary job letter.

Do you think the fact that I had omitted the information in the TR form trouble me in my application?

And the reason I didn't include that back then was because it was part time work during studies, and I had apprehensions that V.O might question as to how could I work part time while being a full time student. I mean, I was convinced to an effect that it won't help my case if I included it and that it wasn't relevant.

So, would the discrepancy bug me now that I wish to claim points for it? :oops:

@legalfalcon @DelPiero07

Thanks for any help!
Hey, any updates on your case? How did you choose to go with it and did you end up getting your application approved? I’m in a similar situation and it’s really been worrying me a lot. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Hajimuktar

Jasvir1908

Mar 20, 2021
Yes, you will have to declare the part time work ex in your personal history, even if you do not add it to your work history as you are not claiming points for it.

This is not misrepresentation. I wrote a post on misrepresentation on the forum and you can search it. On not disclosing or altering "MATERIAL FACTS" amounts to misrepresentation. Since the part time work you did was irrelevant for the purpose of visitors visa and so is for your PR application, it is not misrepresentation. However, since you are required to disclose it in personal history, you should.
What can be a legitimate reason for saying that I did not submit my part-time experience in past application because?
What reasons can one give? Pls revert.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What can be a legitimate reason for saying that I did not submit my part-time experience in past application because?
What reasons can one give? Pls revert.
Each application is different and based on your individual circumstances. There is no one size fits all response.

A78945612

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
Sorry about digging out this old post. I am kind of in a similar situation - I renewed my visitor visa two years ago but forgot to mention my old work experience in the employment history section.

When I filled information, I only put "seeking jobs currently" in the work history section, the time period was between the graduation date and "present" back then (5 months time period). When I renewed the visitor visa, I was unemployed and was looking for a job. However, I had three very short work experience in between. Each of them was less than a month.

My visitor visa got approved, and I am thinking put these three short term work in personal history in my EE profile, I am not using them to claim points. Will this influence my PR application? Should I report to IRCC or write a letter? I don't want to cause any misrepresentation.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Sorry about digging out this old post. I am kind of in a similar situation - I renewed my visitor visa two years ago but forgot to mention my old work experience in the employment history section.

When I filled information, I only put "seeking jobs currently" in the work history section, the time period was between the graduation date and "present" back then (5 months time period). When I renewed the visitor visa, I was unemployed and was looking for a job. However, I had three very short work experience in between. Each of them was less than a month.

My visitor visa got approved, and I am thinking put these three short term work in personal history in my EE profile, I am not using them to claim points. Will this influence my PR application? Should I report to IRCC or write a letter? I don't want to cause any misrepresentation.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Claiming points or not, mention in personal history, writing a letter is prefered but not a must , so your opinion.

Cheers

A78945612

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
Claiming points or not, mention in personal history, writing a letter is prefered but not a must , so your opinion.

Cheers
Hi Sbali,

Thank you so much for the reply. I am not using these short term work to claim points. In your opinion, as long as I write correct info in EE personal history, I will be fine right? Or should I inform IRCC now, and try to get it changed before I submit my PR application?

I don't know how important work history is to visitor visa. I am worried about information inconsistency or potential misrepresentation.