+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation on spousal sponsorship

LTL8605

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
BC
Category........
Congrats, that means your nightmare is over. And your wife's PR has been approved. Man, enjoy the moment with your wife.
Thank you. It's been stressful week for us. When i read the letter with eligibility passed, it was a big relief. Thank you for all the suggestions and honest opinion. It actually helped me prepare for the worst scenario lol

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you. It's been stressful week for us. When i read the letter with eligibility passed, it was a big relief. Thank you for all the suggestions and honest opinion. It actually helped me prepare for the worst scenario lol
The key words here are not the eligibility passed, it is the PPR (passport request), that your wife received. Is there any chance that your wife's PR approval will be cancelled after PPR? Sure, it might, but most unlikely. So, relax and enjoy your life in Canada with your wife.

LTL8605

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
BC
Category........
The key words here are not the eligibility passed, it is the PPR (passport request), that your wife received. Is there any chance that your wife's PR approval will be cancelled after PPR? Sure, it might, but most unlikely. So, relax and enjoy your life in Canada with your wife.
Thanks man. Cheers!

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Nobody here can possibly say, since yours is such a unique case with so many variables.
It's certainly a good sign that they asked her for passport, however you need to wait out the full process to see what the final result will be.
I agree. Not to worry you but the passport has been requested before and not given a COPR> I am confused how CIC would give a pr without an approved sponsor.

LTL8605

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
BC
Category........
I agree. Not to worry you but the passport has been requested before and not given a COPR> I am confused how CIC would give a pr without an approved sponsor.
Maybe our explanation cleared the reason why my sponsorship denied. Both were cleared up. and also our application been seating there for a while so they might want to finish it up.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Maybe our explanation cleared the reason why my sponsorship denied. Both were cleared up. and also our application been seating there for a while so they might want to finish it up.
Reading all the posts here, and your final outcome- it surely says one thing- no one really knows anything- every case is so different! Anyway congratulations to you, and hope all your immigration drama is over.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I have been following your case for a while now. Glad to know that everything worked out in the end :)

LTL8605

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
BC
Category........
Reading all the posts here, and your final outcome- it surely says one thing- no one really knows anything- every case is so different! Anyway congratulations to you, and hope all your immigration drama is over.
Two weeks of having problem like this almost made me crazy. I can't imagine having this problem for a year.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
I don't think this story is over yet so don't be so quick to judge the advice given. It is given based on the information presented. I remain very confused how one meeting with a lawyer and instantly the case clears and all is well. Just confused not saying anyone is right or wrong.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I don't think this story is over yet so don't be so quick to judge the advice given. It is given based on the information presented. I remain very confused how one meeting with a lawyer and instantly the case clears and all is well. Just confused not saying anyone is right or wrong.
Well, if you closely follow all the posts you will know that before the OP sought help on forum, he and his wife had already submitted an explanation letter to CIC to explain the situation,upon received the procedural fairness letter. Then after we all tried to hammer on him, in order to let him aware the seriousness of the situation, he consulted his lawyer and his lawyer said it is all good, no misrepresentation was found, based on the citation listed on the procedural fairness letter. Then we hammered him even harder that made him really worried, he finally decided to sought help from another lawyer, and meanwhile, his wife received a message from CIC to inform her that she passed the eligibility and his wife was asked to send the passport over.
It didn't happen just in couple days, actually it had been couple weeks, since he sent additional evidences to CIC to address the issue. So, we believed that CIC accepted his explanation and cleared him for both cases. And unless the process is different for inland application, we also believe that by asking his wife to send the passport over, it should be a PPR, and thus, his wife's PR application is approved.

LTL8605

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
BC
Category........
Well, if you closely follow all the posts you will know that before the OP sought help on forum, he and his wife had already submitted an explanation letter to CIC to explain the situation,upon received the procedural fairness letter. Then after we all tried to hammer on him, in order to let him aware the seriousness of the situation, he consulted his lawyer and his lawyer said it is all good, no misrepresentation was found, based on the citation listed on the procedural fairness letter. Then we hammered him even harder that made him really worried, he finally decided to sought help from another lawyer, and meanwhile, his wife received a message from CIC to inform her that she passed the eligibility and his wife was asked to send the passport over.
It didn't happen just in couple days, actually it had been couple weeks, since he sent additional evidences to CIC to address the issue. So, we believed that CIC accepted his explanation and cleared him for both cases. And unless the process is different for inland application, we also believe that by asking his wife to send the passport over, it should be a PPR, and thus, his wife's PR application is approved.
Everything Miraclejj said is true. I went to another lawyer to make sure what our first lawyer told us is correct. I really hope this is all over. We already sent my wife passport and i'm positive we will be given CoPR. I will let all of you know what would be the result. If positive then i hope this trend will help other people with the same problem. i just want to say, own the mistake and just be honest on all additional document they asked. God bless you all!

LTL8605

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
BC
Category........
Hey guys, i just received an email from cic that i’m eligible to sponsor my wife.