+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

misrepresentation of siblings

Whoisthis1489

Nov 4, 2021
Me and my parents aren't in good terms with my sister due to difference in opinions and lifestyle. As a result there was no relation, no contact, no connection nothing between us and her. Previous applications with IRCC (study, work permit) I did not mention about her thinking no existence of her in our lives. Speaking with experts and group of people for my PR application I got to know that I have to mention her regardless, which I did in my PR application along with a letter of explanation. I submitted my application yesterday and the thought of misrepresentation is killing me.

What will happen?
What happened to your case? Did you get your PR?

Whoisthis1489

Nov 4, 2021
Me and my parents aren't in good terms with my sister due to difference in opinions and lifestyle. As a result there was no relation, no contact, no connection nothing between us and her. Previous applications with IRCC (study, work permit) I did not mention about her thinking no existence of her in our lives. Speaking with experts and group of people for my PR application I got to know that I have to mention her regardless, which I did in my PR application along with a letter of explanation. I submitted my application yesterday and the thought of misrepresentation is killing me.

What will happen?
What happened? Did you get your PR?

M41614

Nov 18, 2019
First of all while filing for study permit they do not ask for sibling information so I don’t know how that person has caused misinterpretation
Hey Jaspreet.
i wanted to make sure about this that we really don’t need to give siblings information on study permit application. As i didn’t give any information about my siblings but i have todisclose everythingin pr application?
Please reply as your convenience
Thanks

Doof

Feb 1, 2022
Hi, we came as a visitor and filed for work permit after landing canada. my wife mentioned her real siblings in our application but she has a step sister in canada and my consultant never told me to include her in our TRV. In our express entry, my iimmigration consultant told me to include her name. Now we got our ITA and have to file for PR application and but when we checked , her step sister did not mention my wifes name in her PR application as she was her step sister. When we asked for documnets from her sister, she told us that she never gave her step sisters name in her pr application. We dont know what to do now. As we dont want to do any misrepresantation in our pr application. Can u suggest something? Can we decline ITA and go back in the pool and correct the information?
What dis you do finally? Your answer will help

MandyB95

Dec 21, 2023
Hi, I need your help regarding one question. My friend while applying study permit didn't show his real brother in his profile. Now he got the ITA and applying for PR, he doesn't want to hide anything and wants to show is full family detail. So, is there any possibility that his PR would be rejected on the basis of misrepresentation during his study permit? Kindly help.
What happens to your application? I’m in the same situation
Please help