+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation in previous rejected PGWP application

Ghost99

Apr 10, 2019
Hello,

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can provide some direction with this.

I graduated in April last year, 2018, in a Canadian institute, and started working immediately after, on May 1st, 2018 (this was a genuine job with a contract, pay deposit and taxes). I thought my student permit would let me work full-time after I graduated. (I know now that is not the case.)

I continued to work (unintentionally without authorization) until my student permit expired, and then I applied for my PGWP a month after its expiration. In the application I wrote a reason for overstaying my visa (I thought I had a valid reason but actually didn't).

Therefore I checked the box that asked "did you ever overstay/work or study without authorization". However I only mentioned my overstay, not that I was currently working. In fact, in the box that asked for the start date of the work I was applying PGWP for, I chose a date couple of days later than the date of application (This is because it doesn't let you choose an earlier date, and I didn't think it was a big deal). The only thing in my application that hinted that I was currently working was my official contract which said my job starts May 1st, 2018.

Regardless my PGWP was denied a couple of months after and the reason stated that I applied without a valid study permit. So I quit my job and left the coutnry.

I went back home and I got accepted into another program in Canada, so I am applying for another study permit and now I want to be completely honest about my previous unauthorized work and overstay, and demonstrate that I did not do so intentionally.

However, I am afraid unauthorized work is the least of my problems. I am afraid that me not mentioning I was currently working in my previous rejected PGWP will count as misrepresentation. I didn't mention I was working back then because I didn't think it would matter, and at the time, I thought I was working with proper authorization prior to my application

Is this going to be a problem?

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Hello,

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can provide some direction with this.

I graduated in April last year, 2018, in a Canadian institute, and started working immediately after, on May 1st, 2018 (this was a genuine job with a contract, pay deposit and taxes). I thought my student permit would let me work full-time after I graduated. (I know now that is not the case.)

I continued to work (unintentionally without authorization) until my student permit expired, and then I applied for my PGWP a month after its expiration. In the application I wrote a reason for overstaying my visa (I thought I had a valid reason but actually didn't).

Therefore I checked the box that asked "did you ever overstay/work or study without authorization". However I only mentioned my overstay, not that I was currently working. In fact, in the box that asked for the start date of the work I was applying PGWP for, I chose a date couple of days later than the date of application (This is because it doesn't let you choose an earlier date, and I didn't think it was a big deal). The only thing in my application that hinted that I was currently working was my official contract which said my job starts May 1st, 2018.

Regardless my PGWP was denied a couple of months after and the reason stated that I applied without a valid study permit. So I quit my job and left the coutnry.

I went back home and I got accepted into another program in Canada, so I am applying for another study permit and now I want to be completely honest about my previous unauthorized work and overstay, and demonstrate that I did not do so intentionally.

However, I am afraid unauthorized work is the least of my problems. I am afraid that me not mentioning I was currently working in my previous rejected PGWP will count as misrepresentation. I didn't mention I was working back then because I didn't think it would matter, and at the time, I thought I was working with proper authorization prior to my application

Consult with some experienced and professional legal advisers. You have a very complex case so they will be the best to assist you on the same. Rest, others will just presume or make a guesses in air so no point. Better to hire a adviser.

Ghost99

Apr 10, 2019
Consult with some experienced and professional legal advisers. You have a very complex case so they will be the best to assist you on the same. Rest, others will just presume or make a guesses in air so no point. Better to hire a adviser.
Thank you, that is concerning. I can't believe my I have done such a disastrous thing to myself because I was careless.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Thank you, that is concerning. I can't believe my I have done such a disastrous thing to myself because I was careless.
Canada is not the only country.. You can try other options as well. You can apply for US or Germany. May I know why Canada..?

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hello,

Hi there,

I can definitely assist you, Please PM me.

Thank you!