+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation+5 Years inadmissibility

jumec1

Apr 16, 2019
You shouldn’t have misrepresented but doesn’t necessarily lead to refusal. Were you hospitalized for your mental health issue? Unable to work for a long time? Why were you not honest about your health issues and currently treatment since you are currently stable?
I just ommitted it because of stigma attached to mental health issues, I have already faced the stigma in my home country, and don't want to go through this again in Canada. Yes, I was hospitalized and currently stable.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I just ommitted it because of stigma attached to mental health issues, I have already faced the stigma in my home country, and don't want to go through this again in Canada. Yes, I was hospitalized and currently stable.
If you have been stable and if you haven't been a threat to anything or anywhere in the past, I would just leave it the way it is and complete the landing. I believe you are overthinking on this.

Reactions: shaizeik and scylla

Parm86

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys. I have question here like due to not mentioned previous refusal from US, my wife got 5 years ban in 2015. I applied my PR and she depended on my application. After 24 months long wait CIC refused my application and told me to reapply after 5 years exclusion. I still have valid status till end of next year. May I remain and work in canada or travel back to canada from other country?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys. I have question here like due to not mentioned previous refusal from US, my wife got 5 years ban in 2015. I applied my PR and she depended on my application. After 24 months long wait CIC refused my application and told me to reapply after 5 years exclusion. I still have valid status till end of next year. May I remain and work in canada or travel back to canada from other country?
Yes you can remain in Canada and work. You can try and get a new work permit. Dependent on your situation you may need a new LMIA and a new work permit.

Parm86

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Yes you can remain in Canada and work. You can try and get a new work permit. Dependent on your situation you may need a new LMIA and a new work permit.
Thanks for your reply. That’s good news. If i travel outside canada and return back to Canada, may i got any trouble at airport? If I appeal in court, is that working for these type of cases? Thanks for big help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply. That’s good news. If i travel outside canada and return back to Canada, may i got any trouble at airport? If I appeal in court, is that working for these type of cases? Thanks for big help
No, you will not have trouble at the airport.

Your wife was banned for misrepresentation and doesn't qualify. There is nothing to appeal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have a valid work permit and TRV you should be able to enter. Your spouse who has a 5 year ban can’t get a visa so can’t enter.

Reactions: shaizeik

Parm86

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
If you have a valid work permit and TRV you should be able to enter. Your spouse who has a 5 year ban can’t get a visa so can’t enter.
You have any idea how’s working Appeal in IAD and how long it takes for decisions?

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018

Parm86

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Got it. Thank you guys for helping. I believe by next year once my 5 years ban finish, then I reapply and got my PR. Hopefully