+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misrepresentation+5 Years inadmissibility

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone!

I posted here October of the last year about my situation but now I am here again to ask help, I am getting very sick and depressive because of that all situation and to wait 5 years is destroying my emotional life.

I am in my country (Brazil) and I was applying for student visa, my visa was refused and I also got five years inadmissibility to Canada due to misrepresentation because my bank statement is not genuine, my dad was my sponsor financial during my application and I didn’t have knowledge that the document he submitted was fraudulent. I have a Canadian boyfriend and we can’t find a solution to live together our plan was t get married before I got banned and I really don’t have any motivation to try moving to another country.

My question is:

1- Is still possible to hire an immigration lawyer to change and solve all my situation and explain to the officer was my dad’s fault that fraudulent document? Or Nothing can change my situation?

2- if anyone knows a good lawyer please provide me the contact.

Thank you so much, guys!
You can try but it will be very expensive and not likely to succeed.

This forum is hosted by a law firm. Try them.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone!

I posted here October of the last year about my situation but now I am here again to ask help, I am getting very sick and depressive because of that all situation and to wait 5 years is destroying my emotional life.

I am in my country (Brazil) and I was applying for student visa, my visa was refused and I also got five years inadmissibility to Canada due to misrepresentation because my bank statement is not genuine, my dad was my sponsor financial during my application and I didn’t have knowledge that the document he submitted was fraudulent. I have a Canadian boyfriend and we can’t find a solution to live together our plan was t get married before I got banned and I really don’t have any motivation to try moving to another country.

My question is:

1- Is still possible to hire an immigration lawyer to change and solve all my situation and explain to the officer was my dad’s fault that fraudulent document? Or Nothing can change my situation?

2- if anyone knows a good lawyer please provide me the contact.

Thank you so much, guys!
You submitted the app and everything in it was your responsibility. IRCC doesn't accept the "someone else did it" excuse. It will likely just be a huge waste of money.

Your best option would be for your partner to come to you.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There are also limitations on how long you have to challenge the misrepresentation. After a year, that window is probably closed. I find it odd that you were willing to move all the way to Canada to be married to your boyfriend, but won’t consider any other country to be together.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That’s nice.Is that firm for free or I have to pay for consultation calls?
If your father provided fraudulent documents, there's really no chance the misrepresentation finding can be reversed. I would recommend that you change your plans and forget about Canada for the next 5 years.

Reactions: shaizeik

ArianeCurim

Nov 3, 2019
I am already considering other countries, Unfortunately my boyfriend can’t move to other country for the next years because of his university that’s why I could try my best to come to him, but like everyone said I just need to forget about Canada for the next 5 years!!!
Thank you.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Misrepresentation becomes a problem when it is something that could reasonably be seen to have had an impact in a visa officer's decision. Unless the mother is a well known international terrorist, then a name error like this is not misrepresentation.

Reactions: ArianeCurim

Parm86

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys, I just want to know my 5 years ban period is over and i want to reapply my PR, Is there any letter i need from IRCC or i jjst fill application and apply and they know by ban is over now? Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, I just want to know my 5 years ban period is over and i want to reapply my PR, Is there any letter i need from IRCC or i jjst fill application and apply and they know by ban is over now? Thanks in advance
You just apply. No need for a letter.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you scylla. Is there any possibility to face file delays or any other difficulties, due to my previous ban?
There's definitely a possibility. Since you were banned once, your next application is likely to be more carefully scrutinized. If your application is strong, it should be ok. Don't submit a weak application.

Why were you banned last time?

EDIT - I read your previous posts and it appears your wife was banned for not declaring a previous US visa refusal. If that's the case, it should be OK now as long as your current application is a strong one.

Parm86

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
There's definitely a possibility. Since you were banned once, your next application is likely to be more carefully scrutinized. If your application is strong, it should be ok. Don't submit a weak application.

Why were you banned last time?

EDIT - I read your previous posts and it appears your wife was banned for not declaring a previous US visa refusal. If that's the case, it should be OK now as long as your current application is a strong one.