+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misplaced my original documents, have copies, my test is this Wednesday Oct 23rd... Help!

mikeross

May 13, 2019
Hello all,

I have my citizenship test and interview this Wednesday Oct 23rd. I was preparing my documents when I realized I can't locate the original copy of my marriage certificate or university diploma. I am 99% certain I left these documents in the US as I know I had them with me a few months ago when I was in the United States visiting my family there.

I will not have enough time to get these documents mailed to me before my test/interview. Should I still attend, take the test then tell the interviewer the issue with these two original copies.

Will they allow me to take the test then follow up with the original documents a week later?

I am going to call them tomorrow but I figured I would make this post to calm my nerves... thank you and appreciated any feedback/insight.

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
They typically don't ask for these docs unless your status had changed after you submitted your citizenship application. I think you should be ok. Take a photocopy if you have one.