12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
Hi,

I am a student on study permit here in Canada. And my daughter's visa expired but for some reasons I didn't realize that and it has been more than 90 days already. So I believe I cannot apply for the restoration from Canada.

I wanted to ask that does she have to leave Canada ASAP or is there any way I can submit a request for the restoration? My visa is valid until next year. I just don't want her to leave the country at the moment as she is just 6 years old and travelling together back to our country and applying for her visa from there at this moment seems very difficult for many reasons.

Any help/advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am a student on study permit here in Canada. And my daughter's visa expired but for some reasons I didn't realize that and it has been more than 90 days already. So I believe I cannot apply for the restoration from Canada.

I wanted to ask that does she have to leave Canada ASAP or is there any way I can submit a request for the restoration? My visa is valid until next year. I just don't want her to leave the country at the moment as she is just 6 years old and travelling together back to our country and applying for her visa from there at this moment seems very difficult for many reasons.

Any help/advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
No, you can't apply for Restoration. You could try to flagpole at the border and ask CBSA very nicely to grant her visitor status but no guarantees. Otherwise, she must leave Canada.

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
No, you can't apply for Restoration. You could try to flagpole at the border and ask CBSA very nicely to grant her visitor status but no guarantees. Otherwise, she must leave Canada.
Thank you for the response. So I read a few posts about the flagpole option but as you mentioned no guarantees. In case if they (CBSA) do not agree to grant her visitor status, will she have to immediately leave Canada at that point?

And is this flagpole option more riskier for the non-immigrants ? I was just going through some posts and some people quoted that CBSA is more biased when it is about non-immigrants (people with study/work visas).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the response. So I read a few posts about the flagpole option but as you mentioned no guarantees. In case if they (CBSA) do not agree to grant her visitor status, will she have to immediately leave Canada at that point?

And is this flagpole option more riskier for the non-immigrants ? I was just going through some posts and some people quoted that CBSA is more biased when it is about non-immigrants (people with study/work visas).
If CBSA doesn't want to grant her status, they would likely allow her in for a few days so you can sort out her return to her country.

It is risky because you allowed her to go out of status.

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
can anyone share their current experience for flagpoling at Coutts, Alberta? I want to go there for flagpole I just want to know generally what time they are less busy? early in the morning or any other preferable time when they have less traffic?

Thanks