+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor's personal ID and Passport Details

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I'm starting to fill up the application for citizenship for our family of 3. I've couple of questions I couldn't find specific answers in earlier threads.

1. For my minor daughter, I'm planning to submit her PR card and Ontario health card as the 2 pieces of personal ID. Challenge is her health card does not have her photo, but has her name and DoB. PR card obviously has name, photo and DoB. This is what the guide says:
Photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification.
Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:

• permanent resident card (PR card)
    • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
  • a passport page containing their photo and personal details;
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided.
Since the PR card has photo on it, and the second piece of ID health card is issued by Ontario government, I think I'm complying to the requirements. Can someone please confirm if it is OK?

2. For all of us (adults and minor), when I take photocopies / pictures of passport pages, is it sufficient to include only the Bio pages, pages with Visas and immigrations stamps, or do I need to include the blank pages in the passports as well.

3. Within the last 4 years, except for Canada, we've stayed for 183 days in a row only in India, which is our country of origin / current citizenship. Do we need to include Police Clearance Certificate from India?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Do the online Application. The online app has a drop down for PR card and health card as two piece of ID. And it accepts that combination.only 1 piece needs to have photo.
In online app it only asks for bio pages but people attach all visa stamps pages in additional docs in case they need to see them. Some people have got ADR for those pages. So might as well attach them before

Last edited:
Reactions: samikdg

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Do the online Application. The online app has a drop down for PR card and health card as two piece of ID. And it accepts that combination.only 1 piece needs to have photo.
In online app it only asks for bio pages but people attach all visa stamps pages in additional docs in case they need to see them. Some people have got ADR for those pages. So might as well attach them before
Thank you! I initially thought I've to submit paper application due to my daughter, but found out yesterday that IRCC is now allowing online application even for minors. So, I'd follow what you said :)
For passports, I'm anyway going to include visa and immigration stamp pages along with Bio pages. My question was do I need to include the completely blank pages on the passports? Couple of us got our passports renewed recently, so there'll be all blank pages in these new passports!

As an aside, I think we exchanged a lot of messages in 2019 on the EE forum of Canadavisa.com, do you remember that? :) Both of us had special cases trying to get Masters ECA from WES for IIM diplomas, if I recall correctly.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Thank you! I initially thought I've to submit paper application due to my daughter, but found out yesterday that IRCC is now allowing online application even for minors. So, I'd follow what you said :)
For passports, I'm anyway going to include visa and immigration stamp pages along with Bio pages. My question was do I need to include the completely blank pages on the passports? Couple of us got our passports renewed recently, so there'll be all blank pages in these new passports!

As an aside, I think we exchanged a lot of messages in 2019 on the EE forum of Canadavisa.com, do you remember that? :) Both of us had special cases trying to get Masters ECA from WES for IIM diplomas, if I recall correctly.
Yes I remember you from our PR journey. I have submitted my Citizenship app last week only.

Include the blank pages as well for travel history. The point of travel history is to check if there is anything negative mentioned on any of your passport pages. Just including only the stamp/visa pages defeats the purpose. I have included everything and submitted in the additional documents section. In the passport section it only asks for bio pages so I have included only bio pages there.

Reactions: samikdg

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Yes I remember you from our PR journey. I have submitted my Citizenship app last week only.

Include the blank pages as well for travel history. The point of travel history is to check if there is anything negative mentioned on any of your passport pages. Just including only the stamp/visa pages defeats the purpose. I have included everything and submitted in the additional documents section. In the passport section it only asks for bio pages so I have included only bio pages there.
Got it, thanks! I'll do the same.

All the best on your citizenship journey :)

zabaeribo

May 19, 2023
Got it, thanks! I'll do the same.

All the best on your citizenship journey :)
Hi Samikdg and Jaywalker,
Can I do online application for myself, my wife and my son (minor)? If it is possible, is it going to be whole one application?
I have been told before that family application can only be done via mail submission.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi Samikdg and Jaywalker,
Can I do online application for myself, my wife and my son (minor)? If it is possible, is it going to be whole one application?
I have been told before that family application can only be done via mail submission.
It used to be only via paper application till very recently in case of a minor child. But IRCC have started accepting online applications for families with minor children from April this year. You've to create 3 separate applications (similar to 3 paper forms), but you can submit them together as a group. You have to create separate Login IDs for yourself and your wife, and you can create your son's application through either your or your wife's login. Inside your login, you'll find an option of inviting your wife to be part of the same family group. When your wife accepts your invite, all 3 applications will be under same group.

zabaeribo

May 19, 2023
It used to be only via paper application till very recently in case of a minor child. But IRCC have started accepting online applications for families with minor children from April this year. You've to create 3 separate applications (similar to 3 paper forms), but you can submit them together as a group. You have to create separate Login IDs for yourself and your wife, and you can create your son's application through either your or your wife's login. Inside your login, you'll find an option of inviting your wife to be part of the same family group. When your wife accepts your invite, all 3 applications will be under same group.
Thank you very much. I did exactly how you explained.
Good luck with your application and all the best!