tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
Need your advise about minor's application please.
I'm going to apply for my son's citizenship. Unfortunately, his birth certificate is not in English and needs to be translated. My question is: can I submit the photocopy of certified translation of the birth certificate used in his PR application back in 2017 or it should be a new certified translation. Should the translation be original or copy of certified translation would suffice? Thank you very much!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys,
Need your advise about minor's application please.
I'm going to apply for my son's citizenship. Unfortunately, his birth certificate is not in English and needs to be translated. My question is: can I submit the photocopy of certified translation of the birth certificate used in his PR application back in 2017 or it should be a new certified translation. Should the translation be original or copy of certified translation would suffice? Thank you very much!
Upfront, I don't know the answer. Given the long processing timelines, though, I'd get a new certified translation and copy to avoid finding out months and months (potentially) later that they will not accept the photocopy of the previous certified translation.

I think doing so will be quicker and more reliable than attempting to even find out from IRCC eg by phone.

Of course if you can find public instructions to the contrary, do that.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Upfront, I don't know the answer. Given the long processing timelines, though, I'd get a new certified translation and copy to avoid finding out months and months (potentially) later that they will not accept the photocopy of the previous certified translation.

I think doing so will be quicker and more reliable than attempting to even find out from IRCC eg by phone.

Of course if you can find public instructions to the contrary, do that.
Thank you very much for your suggestion, appreciate it.

Reactions: armoured