+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor study visa refusal!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We've showed also extra funds and ITRs for that. And I think it's best to go canada in young age, so I can fit myself in their culture and climate.
So what will you do for university/college. Then you will need $100k+ and you cannot even afford a year of high school. Still need to pay for another year too so that is another $25-30k. Only you and your parents show funds. For post secondary, IRCC will want to see some of your own funds and you cannot work in Canada so cannot save. Reasoning makes no sense. High school is a totally different environment than post secondary. And you are studying, not even PR or citizen. So you have no intention of leaving, and that was one other reason for refusal.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But many international students and their dad or mom come to Canada together. The parent often extend their stay and their expenses are financially supported by the other parent in the home country (meaning the parent don't have to secure a work permit while in Canada and only take care of his children).
Study permits are still not meant for parents ton accompany their children. There are some that are able to visit Canada while their children study but their stay in Canada is not guaranteed. The wealthy tend to be the ones who are able to remain as a visitor but people shouldn’t apply thinking parents will be able to accompany them.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Study permits are still not meant for parents ton accompany their children. There are some that are able to visit Canada while their children study but their stay in Canada is not guaranteed. The wealthy tend to be the ones who are able to remain as a visitor but people shouldn’t apply thinking parents will be able to accompany them.
TRV are not guarantee, but people still apply to stay in Canada as a visitor.

AndyT

Jun 12, 2020
Naturgrl has rightly pointed out that the profile in this case is different from other normal international students and a minor would require more funds than others. The profile has major issues as the applicant is looking for 1 year program which makes zero sense for a minor. Must be an extra-ordinary program in order to have any progressive job prospects back in the home country after returning. I think the young applicants must have funds till the graduation (3/4 years program).

sharan..78

Nov 22, 2023
Naturgrl has rightly pointed out that the profile in this case is different from other normal international students and a minor would require more funds than others. The profile has major issues as the applicant is looking for 1 year program which makes zero sense for a minor. Must be an extra-ordinary program in order to have any progressive job prospects back in the home country after returning. I think the young applicants must have funds till the graduation (3/4 years program).
Brother IN MY RELATIVES MY BROTHER GOT HIS VISA WITH HIS GRANDMOTHER IN $45K FUNDS

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Brother IN MY RELATIVES MY BROTHER GOT HIS VISA WITH HIS GRANDMOTHER IN $45K FUNDS
Why are you yelling? So your brother came to Canada as a high school student with your grandmother’s funds. You never shared that information and adds another reason to your possible refusal. Your family has supported or is supporting another family member. Also a reason for you not to leave Canada. Order GCMS notes.

AndyT

Jun 12, 2020
35 Lakhs in INR / 55k plus in CAD is a good amount for one year. But am not sure how are you addressing the main issue. Visa officer has concluded that you will not leave Canada after completing the one year program and hence will require more funds in the future. What kind of realistic future plans you shared after completing the course? How that course will benefit you when you return to India? What are your strong ties to India?

If your profile is exactly matching with your mentioned brother ( not sure if you meant cousin) then seek for his guidance as how he came to Canada as a minor student. Request him to share the submitted documents with you and follow his advice.

Last edited: