+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor sister with Hijab - refugee claim

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Hi there, I have my sister here who is visiting me on a visitor Visa. Her visa is valid for 5 years but as everyone knows, she must leave before the first 6 months.

She decided to remove her hijab as she is far from the family now, and she could not do that while she was back home. I support her decision because I want her to decide for own life and be responsible. However, when few brothers saw her pictures on whatsapp and facebook without Hijab, they started a family problem and they are threatening her if she goes back without Hijab, they will kill her. She is afraid that they would do something bad to her. How on the earth I could let her stay here beside me ?

She is 17 years old now. Currently in Ontario.

Thank you for the help.

redalot

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which country is she from?

It will be hard to prove in court, what kind of proofs you have to show her life is at serious risk and there is not one in any other city to help? also they will check how your law and police can save her.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
redalot said:
Which country is she from?

It will be hard to prove in court, what kind of proofs you have to show her life is at serious risk and there is not one in any other city to help? also they will check how your law and police can save her.
From Lebanon where Police and Law are both corrupted. In the past 3 months, 30 people were killed for family reasons. They protect the strong and not the poor.

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fazlook said:
From Lebanon where Police and Law are both corrupted. In the past 3 months, 30 people were killed for family reasons. They protect the strong and not the poor.
go to see a lawyer to see what your chances are.