+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor international student, study permit, parents accompany

aa1225mh

Dec 21, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am a minor international student intending to apply for a study permit. I have already created an online account in order to obtain a study permit. I am required to submit proof of means of financial support. As such, I would like to know who must provide requested financial support documents me or my father?
Furthermore, I would like to know whether I am allowed to apply for a visitor visa for my parents along with my application for a study permit?
I would be thankful if you could answer my questions.
Best regards,
Ali

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone,
I am a minor international student intending to apply for a study permit. I have already created an online account in order to obtain a study permit. I am required to submit proof of means of financial support. As such, I would like to know who must provide requested financial support documents me or my father?
Furthermore, I would like to know whether I am allowed to apply for a visitor visa for my parents along with my application for a study permit?
I would be thankful if you could answer my questions.
Best regards,
Ali
1. Well I assume that you don't have sufficient funds to pay the tuition and living expenses on your own, so you parent will have to show sufficient financial support.
2. You parents can apply, but it is unlikely they would receive a TRV to visit during your schooling.
3. If you are under 18 you will also require a guardian in Canada.
4. You are going to have to decide, if you are minor student, a married person, a Canadian PR sponsoring your Parents, make up your mind and at least have consistent posts.
5. That is unless you are a consultant who hasn't a clue what s/he is doing.

aa1225mh

Dec 21, 2018
Hi

1. Well I assume that you don't have sufficient funds to pay the tuition and living expenses on your own, so you parent will have to show sufficient financial support.
2. You parents can apply, but it is unlikely they would receive a TRV to visit during your schooling.
3. If you are under 18 you will also require a guardian in Canada.
4. You are going to have to decide, if you are minor student, a married person, a Canadian PR sponsoring your Parents, make up your mind and at least have consistent posts.
5. That is unless you are a consultant who hasn't a clue what s/he is doing.

Thank you for your prompt answer.
I have signed up an online account to apply for a study permit outside of Canada as a minor. I would like to know whether I can apply for TRV for my mom and my 1-year-old brother through the same account by adding them as a family member?

aa1225mh

Dec 21, 2018
I have signed up an online account to apply for a study permit outside of Canada as a minor. I would like to know whether I can apply for TRV for my mom and my 1-year-old brother through the same account by adding them as a family member?
Please be advised that as it is defined in the instruction family members are included spouse and dependent children, not parents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No your brother and mother are not your family members as you already discovered. Your parents can attempt to obtain a visit visa to visit Canada but they will not be able to stay during your schooling. It is very unlikely that your parents and little brother would all be approved for visit visas to accompany you to school.