+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor Children Study permit

BukolaA

Jan 26, 2023
Please, I am a student in Canada on a study permit, my husband applied from outside Canada for my children's visitor's visa but has not been granted. I have their letter of acceptance to study between K-12 now. How can I apply for their study permit? Can I apply/or use my own immigration platform to apply for them? I have been trying to apply on my immigration platform but I didn't know how to go about it. Please advise me on how to apply for their study permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please, I am a student in Canada on a study permit, my husband applied from outside Canada for my children's visitor's visa but has not been granted. I have their letter of acceptance to study between K-12 now. How can I apply for their study permit? Can I apply/or use my own immigration platform to apply for them? I have been trying to apply on my immigration platform but I didn't know how to go about it. Please advise me on how to apply for their study permit.
They need to apply for their own study permits. They don’t need acceptance letter for kindergarten to grade 12.Explain they will attend the school in your catchment area. Permits and visas aren’t guaranteed for family members of international students but you should certainly try. You will have to show additional funds that can be used to support the children.

BukolaA

Jan 26, 2023
Thank you for your response. My husband has already applied as a principal applicant for a work permit and visitor visa. Can I apply for their study visa and permit in Canada based on their letter of acceptance to school?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. My husband has already applied as a principal applicant for a work permit and visitor visa. Can I apply for their study visa and permit in Canada based on their letter of acceptance to school?
You can apply for a study visa for them. Don’t need a letter of acceptance from the school unless going to a private school.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is he applying for a closed WP? If not, he wouldn’t be the primary applicant you would be as the student.

BukolaA

Jan 26, 2023
Unfortunately, he is the primary applicant for OWP and the children's Visitor's permit. I want to ask since his application was delayed. Can I apply for my children's study or visitor permit again under my study visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Unfortunately, he is the primary applicant for OWP and the children's Visitor's permit. I want to ask since his application was delayed. Can I apply for my children's study or visitor permit again under my study visa?
You are the principal applicant since you have the study permit. Your husband is not. Your spouse and children are applying as your dependants. Have you applied for their study permits. If not then do so.

BukolaA

Jan 26, 2023
My children's request for passport has not been sent to me since their visa approval please advise me what can I do?