+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum Requirements For OOPNP/OINP

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
What are requirements for OOPNP/OINP other than at least 400+ Score?

Meet the requirements of CEC only, or both CEC and FSW? or FSW only?

Occupations? minimum funds?

Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Bachelor's degree minimum
Experience has to be from last 5 years

Other than those exceptions, the remaining minimum qualifications are similar to federal CEC or FSW requirements like funds, etc. You have to choose to be assessed by one of CEC and FSW if you qualify for both.

So for example if your Canadian work experience was from 7 years ago, you cannot claim CEC experience for OINP even if you qualify at the CIC level.

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
bellaluna said:

Other than those exceptions, the remaining minimum qualifications are similar to federal CEC or FSW requirements like funds, etc. You have to choose to be assessed by one of CEC and FSW if you qualify for both.

So for example if your Canadian work experience was from 7 years ago, you cannot claim CEC experience for OINP even if you qualify at the CIC level.
Thank you very much. So if I only want to be under CEC, I don't need 12000+ funds, correct?

Raskin

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:

@Bellaluna i don`t see anywhere on the application guide, where it mentions that the
experience has to be within the last 5 years. Can you share any links which specifies
this ?

Thanks!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
You can meet the requirement for FSWP or CEC for OINP. You must have a score of 400+, and you must have a Bachelor's degree. Your experience needs to be within the last five years, and you must be able to meet CIC's guidelines for demonstrating financial means to support yourself.

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Aragorn165 said:
You can meet the requirement for FSWP or CEC for OINP. You must have a score of 400+, and you must have a Bachelor's degree. Your experience needs to be within the last five years, and you must be able to meet CIC's guidelines for demonstrating financial means to support yourself.
"you must be able to meet CIC's guidelines"

I have actually checked the OOPNP's guideline. It only states FSWP's fund requirements but not CEC.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Raskin said:
@Bellaluna i don`t see anywhere on the application guide, where it mentions that the
experience has to be within the last 5 years. Can you share any links which specifies
this ?

Thanks!
Page 8, section 3.1. It's in bold type in the application guide. Experience has to be earned in the five years for FSWP, and Canadian experience in the last three years (my bad from my earlier post) for CEC.

There was member here rejected by OINP for not meeting the NOC experience in the last 5 years for FSW.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fate69 said:
"you must be able to meet CIC's guidelines"

I have actually checked the OOPNP's guideline. It only states FSWP's fund requirements but not CEC.
Because CEC applicants are exempt from POF requirements.