+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

minimum fund requirements for student visa

frosty

Jan 28, 2016
hi guys im planning to go for nbcc Animation and Graphics starting this september.
i have 22k cad in my own bank account more then enough for first year i guess. my father says he is gonna pay for second year but he is a old stock guy and refuses to sign for a sponsor letter.
it concerns me can i get a student visa with 22k in my account? or do they asking me to having full education cost in my account if i can get atleast one year student visa that would be awesome my father gonna put money into my account next year.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How much is your first year tuition? You need to show a bank balance that contains first year tuition + $10 in living expenses + $2-3K in travel expenses.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
frosty said:
hi guys im planning to go for nbcc Animation and Graphics starting this september.
i have 22k cad in my own bank account more then enough for first year i guess. my father says he is gonna pay for second year but he is a old stock guy and refuses to sign for a sponsor letter.
it concerns me can i get a student visa with 22k in my account? or do they asking me to having full education cost in my account if i can get atleast one year student visa that would be awesome my father gonna put money into my account next year.
You need to show some proof that you can afford your tuition plus living expense. Not sure if you have to do a GIC (10k) but 22k seems to be less. You can try explaining your dad it is just an affidavit and he wont be penalized for it.

frosty

Jan 28, 2016
trying to explain that for a year now :D he is over 80 and he believes government gonna take his homes. do not think i can change his mind. i might take a loan from bank and pay it back when my father gives monet next year do you think canada accept?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
How much is your first year tuition? You need to show a bank balance that contains first year tuition + $10 in living expenses + $2-3K in travel expenses.
Hi Scylla,

I am currently in India. I am single right now and planning to get marry in couple of months. My Fiance is Graduate. I want to apply Masters Diploma course for My wife and wants to apply my spouse visa on basis of my wife's visa. What are the chances of getting Spouse visa from India for Canada?

Thanks

mikext

Jan 29, 2016
Does your bank account or the person sponsoring you straight up need ALL the money in the account?