+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minimum Entry Criteria Not Met

Danforth

Oct 15, 2012
I have just filled out the Express Entry forms and was told "Review of Minimum Entry Criteria Not Met"

I am currently living and working in Canada on a valid work permit and have been doing so full time for almost 4 years on NOC 2171 (Infosys Analysts & Consultants) with a salary above $100k/yr. I have a Bachelors degree from the US.

I am surprised that the "Canadian Experience Class" does not apply for me? Did I miss something?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What are your IELTS scores?

Danforth

Oct 15, 2012
CELPIP: 5 5 5 4H

I am a native of the US, currently in Canada on a NAFTA work permit (LMIA exempt). Could that be an issue?

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Danforth said:

I am a native of the US, currently in Canada on a NAFTA work permit (LMIA exempt). Could that be an issue?
Based on the information you provided, your NOC (2171) falls under NOC/ Skill level A, therefore, based on information from the cic website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp, you need a minimum level of CLB 7.

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
DoubleS said:
Based on the information you provided, your NOC (2171) falls under NOC/ Skill level A, therefore, based on information from the cic website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp, you need a minimum level of CLB 7.
No he took the old CELPIP test. His CLB levels are fine (9+).
You're doing something wrong man. You seem to be eligible under CEC though. I've got no LMIA either but the "Come to Canada" tool didn't cause any issues. Did you start with that?

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Danforth said:

Which of the test did you take, and when did you take it?

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
DoubleS said:
Which of the test did you take, and when did you take it?
I took CELPIP too, but I took it in Oct 2014, which was after the changes were made in April 2014. I believe your language test results are good for 2 years though.
Here's a link with the old CELPIP and new one:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

Did you get your ECA done since you got your Bachelors in the US?

Danforth

Oct 15, 2012
The CELPIP exam I have here is dated 26-Jan-2013 and is labelled "CELPIP General". It is within the 2 year requirement and appears to be the correct exam.

I was floored by my score of 4H on writing. I am in charge of drafting almost all RFP responses and technical documentation for a $50 million company. My writing should be "effective", I would hope.

According to the sheet, this is a CLB 8 equivalent. Is that seriously too low?

I do not have an ECA, although I was under the impression that wasn't required until later. Perhaps I'm wrong in that? Still, for Canadian Experience class, this shouldn't be necessary, correct?

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Danforth said:
The CELPIP exam I have here is dated 26-Jan-2013 and is labelled "CELPIP General". It is within the 2 year requirement and appears to be the correct exam.

I was floored by my score of 4H on writing. I am in charge of drafting almost all RFP responses and technical documentation for a $50 million company. My writing should be "effective", I would hope.

I do not have an ECA, although I was under the impression that wasn't required until later. Perhaps I'm wrong in that? Still, for Canadian Experience class, this shouldn't be necessary, correct?
Yep, there's your issue: ECA. ECA and Language Tests are the mandatory first steps before creating an Express Entry profile. The system won't let you create a profile without them.
I hear you about the language test. It can be tough. English tests are always bullcrap for native speakers. But having said that I would definitely recommend taking another CELPIP. Reason is under the points system, CLB 9+ in ALL areas of the English test is a really good asset and gives you more points. So I would get my ECA done quickly and create my profile if I were you, and I would use my current CELPIP to register, but I would also register for a new CELPIP and update my profile when the new one gets back with shiny CLB9+ in all areas.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Danforth said:

Is it possible that you put in the wrong test, when the system asked?
Based on the clarification of which test you took, your score is definitely not too low, you basically aced the tests. My apologies for mixing up the test in my earlier post.
So kindly check over your entry and make sure that when they asked which test you took, your answer is "CELPIP General"

Danforth

Oct 15, 2012
I am looking into the ECA. That is frustrating. It appears that I will need to send documents away for months in order to get this?

I'm also frustrated because I have a job offer (with my current employer), but I am currently LMIA exempt. Actually, I've been working there for 2 years, and I am a full-time permanent employee, but on a work permit, but no LMIA.

As a result, my employer gets to do 4 months worth of paperwork to make sure I can keep my current job (my work permit is valid for almost 3 more years).

grrr

Danforth

Oct 15, 2012
cecandconfused said:
Yep, there's your issue: ECA. ECA and Language Tests are the mandatory first steps before creating an Express Entry profile. The system won't let you create a profile without them.
I hear you about the language test. It can be tough. English tests are always bullcrap for native speakers. But having said that I would definitely recommend taking another CELPIP. Reason is under the points system, CLB 9+ in ALL areas of the English test is a really good asset and gives you more points. So I would get my ECA done quickly and create my profile if I were you, and I would use my current CELPIP to register, but I would also register for a new CELPIP and update my profile when the new one gets back with shiny CLB9+ in all areas.
It certainly let me and it also states clearly that an ECA is not required for Canadian Experience Class. In fact, there are no educational requirements for that class, I believe. Am I missing something new here?

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Yea man I'm in the same boat. Full time emp but no LMIA cause I was LMIA exempt too (PGWP), but apparently not many people have LMIA so don't worry about it for now. High scores in CELPIP helps get ahead of the crowd by far. Anyway, I though ECA was required prior to creating EE profile but I could be wrong. Anyone else wanna venture a guess here?

Danforth

Oct 15, 2012
The other potential issue is that I put in a job offer with no LMIA. I'm going to try again, answering "no" to the job offer.

It's really a pain to re-enter a new application every time. The forms (like work history) don't lend themselves to being quickly re-filled with the same information and the system makes you start from scratch every time.