Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2014
It never really occurred to me, but does the sponsor have to be 21 with long employment history?

My husband is 20. He had a driving job for less than 6 months as a temp. Now he's a security guard. Those are his job experiences so far. :(

If I stay out of Canada (Philippines) longer than 6 months he wants to quit his job and live with me instead. I'm not sure if that's a practical solution.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
kristinaa said:
It never really occurred to me, but does the sponsor have to be 21 with long employment history?

My husband is 20. He had a driving job for less than 6 months as a temp. Now he's a security guard. Those are his job experiences so far. :(

If I stay out of Canada (Philippines) longer than 6 months he wants to quit his job and live with me instead. I'm not sure if that's a practical solution.
From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Sponsorship eligibility

In order to sponsor, you must…

be 18 years of age or older,
be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
be sponsoring a member of the family Class,
live in Canada or provide evidence, if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident.
sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities,
sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kristinaa said:

There is no minimum income requirement, so technically it's fine for him to stay with you in the Philippines while your PR is being processed.

As part of his sponsorship approval, he'll need to show intention to return back to Canada AND that you can financially support yourselves. Since he may not have a full time job at the time, he will need to include a general financial plan, and it would help if any of his family members could write some declarations that they will support you and him financially if needed after you become a PR and move to Canada.