+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military service that was 20 years ago

Tubiti

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi there, please kindly advise: In our post ITA form, we listed personal history for the last 10 years for my husband. Then there was the question like "have you listed all military service periods...", since it was 20 years ago, we said no but in our letter of explanation, we indicated that since the mandatory military service was 20 years ago and the question was for the last 10 years, we didn't mention it but we can provide details if required. I checked the forums etc. I am not sure what to do. According to the wording of the question, they ask about the last 10 years but it may be that they are asking military service of any time but they just couldn't state it properly. Is there anyone who went through such a thing and ended up good (or bad)? Thanks

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Hi there, please kindly advise: In our post ITA form, we listed personal history for the last 10 years for my husband. Then there was the question like "have you listed all military service periods...", since it was 20 years ago, we said no but in our letter of explanation, we indicated that since the mandatory military service was 20 years ago and the question was for the last 10 years, we didn't mention it but we can provide details if required. I checked the forums etc. I am not sure what to do. According to the wording of the question, they ask about the last 10 years but it may be that they are asking military service of any time but they just couldn't state it properly. Is there anyone who went through such a thing and ended up good (or bad)? Thanks
You did all right. They will contact you if they need more info.

Reactions: MayTa and Tubiti

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
sounds like you were upfront about it. I see no issue with what you've done.

Reactions: MayTa and Tubiti