+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military service on IMM5669 form

billiout

Sep 5, 2016
Hello,

I am completing my forms for the spousal sponsorship. I'm from Greece and on the form IMM5669 requires me to write down any military service that I had served. In Greece every male citizen has to serve their country for 9 months after 18 birthday. I postpone this requirement for attending to my university. By the time I completing the forms I didn't served my period but I'm planning to do so on the November until July. In the mean time I would have already submitted the application. Should I put this period on the form prior to the actual service?

Thank you

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Attach a separate sheet of paper to this form, explaining your situation.

billiout

Sep 5, 2016
However do I have to write anything on the form? I'm still confused with my situation and I don't want to do any mistake :p

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
billiout said:
However do I have to write anything on the form? I'm still confused with my situation and I don't want to do any mistake :p
No, you don't write down your future military service on the form.

mila77

Sep 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Dar-es-Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016
File Transfer...
16-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2016
LANDED..........
16-01-2017
I agree you haven't participated yet in any military activities. Write it on a separate form and attach it with your explanation.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
billiout said:
In any section of the form if there is an attached sheet with explanation you should simply type / write, "See attached sheet"

On that attached sheet, you should reference the form number, the question number and type out the question. You should also put your full name as on your passport, your spouses's name so that if the sheet becomes loose they know which application it refers to...

In my husband's situation, his military service consisted of classes during university, some time during the summers in training camps and then a "payout" to complete his commitment. We simply wrote all of this and attached related documentation (translated photocopy of his military service book, the receipt for the payout and confirmation letter of completion of commitment). Our information didn't really fit the format of the table in the immigration form (which is intended for active military service / duty)

Hopefully this helps.

C.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Hello friends. I am from Cuba and I am lost in the Checklist where it asks if I did military service here in Cuba. I did it for sure but my question is that if my wife would have to attach a proof of it in my application or just click yes? Please any help will be so appreaciated.