+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military Service Exemption Certificate

ubcli

Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone,

Today I received the long-awaited medical exam request. The email I received says military service exemption certificate is also required, however there are no specifications about it. I currently have a document stating I am exempt from military service until Oct 31, 2014. I will apply for an extension of this exemption but this renewal is going to take a few months and I am worried I cannot submit the required docs to CIC within 60 days, as required. So my question is, would it be okay to send the military exemption doc I currently have? I can mail it to them right away, and they would receive it before mid-Oct.

Btw, what is the point of asking for such a doc? Why is CIC concerned about whether I am currently exempt from military service?

MARZUK

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-11
Nomination.....
30-06-11
AOR Received.
02-08-11
File Transfer...
IP : 3 Sep 14
LANDED..........
http://www.amazing-animations.com/sports/animations/running3.gif
ubcli said:
Hi everyone,

Today I received the long-awaited medical exam request. The email I received says military service exemption certificate is also required, however there are no specifications about it. I currently have a document stating I am exempt from military service until Oct 31, 2014. I will apply for an extension of this exemption but this renewal is going to take a few months and I am worried I cannot submit the required docs to CIC within 60 days, as required. So my question is, would it be okay to send the military exemption doc I currently have? I can mail it to them right away, and they would receive it before mid-Oct.

Btw, what is the point of asking for such a doc? Why is CIC concerned about whether I am currently exempt from military service?
I have sent you a PM, will appreciate your response..............

Regards......

MARZUK

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
ubcli said:
Hi everyone,

Brother,

Such requests are very common for the applicants whom are from military services....I have seen several cases with such req.....This is just like police clearance....That u dont have any involvement with any of the military service on any nation....Militaries may involve or act as secret agent on CA.... :D :D :D :p :p :p :p

Anyway, what I can suggest u to contact ur Local VO regarding the situation....If the VO does not respond quickly then send the existing exemption doc....

Attach a cover letter which will mention that u are going to send ann extended period's or permanent military exemption paper shortly when its on ur hand....Also submit the papers of application which prove that u have already initiated the application for new /extension exemption paper.....:)

Usually such requests are alws entertained by local VO's.....

All the best...:)