+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military service and RPRF

aknmhb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
I received a request letter from IRCC for my PR application to pay RPRF and send additional document about my military service, and it read "in order to make a decision". It has been two weeks and no news yet. Do I need to be worried?

D

Deleted member 1083629

I received a request letter from IRCC for my PR application to pay RPRF and send additional document about my military service, and it read "in order to make a decision". It has been two weeks and no news yet. Do I need to be worried?
If you have been in military, you might be a subject to comprehensive security screening. The only way to figure it out is to order GCMS notes.

D

Deleted member 1083629

thanks,
what are the odds of being subjected to comprehensive security screening in your opinion considering that it was a mandatory service? and if that's the case, how long does it normally take?
I dont know. Get notes and see if you are in comprehensive security.

on the other hand, it has been 2 weeks only. Not nearly enough time to say anything. it took me roughly 5 months from ADR to PPR and mine was basic one.

Reactions: aj_bj
D

Deleted member 1083629

thanks,
what are the odds of being subjected to comprehensive security screening in your opinion considering that it was a mandatory service? and if that's the case, how long does it normally take?
I forgot to mention. It really depends on where you are from. I am from Russia and everyone who applied after 2015 (after Crimea) who served in army got into comprehensive security screening. It was the same for many of my former colleagues from Ukraine.

I asked my lawyer about it (I was supposed to serve and there was a chance that I would go during PR processing) and he said that it heavily depends on where you are from. Someone from S. Korea or SG will most likely avoid comprehensive SS as those countries are not in active conflicts with anyone.

aknmhb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
I forgot to mention. It really depends on where you are from. I am from Russia and everyone who applied after 2015 (after Crimea) who served in army got into comprehensive security screening. It was the same for many of my former colleagues from Ukraine.

I asked my lawyer about it (I was supposed to serve and there was a chance that I would go during PR processing) and he said that it heavily depends on where you are from. Someone from S. Korea or SG will most likely avoid comprehensive SS as those countries are not in active conflicts with anyone.
I see. I'm from Iran, and according to your experience there is a high chance to have a big delay to get the final decision

D

Deleted member 1083629

I see. I'm from Iran, and according to your experience there is a high chance to have a big delay to get the final decision
Unfortunately. However, it is not guaranteed that you will get in comprehensive SS. The only way to know is to wait 1-2 months and then order the notes and see.

Can3223

Sep 2, 2022
Hi,
It is a routine thing for them to ask for additional documents declaring military service. I was asked for military service details form in Sep 2022 then after a month they asked me to send schedule A, which had the same thing declared in a different format.

The current status of my application is still the same, the only change is that in November 2022 it said that “we have started your background check and we will let you know if need any other information”.

The IRCC operates in an arbitrary manner which can confuse and frustrate you.

aknmhb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
Hi,
It is a routine thing for them to ask for additional documents declaring military service. I was asked for military service details form in Sep 2022 then after a month they asked me to send schedule A, which had the same thing declared in a different format.

The current status of my application is still the same, the only change is that in November 2022 it said that “we have started your background check and we will let you know if need any other information”.

The IRCC operates in an arbitrary manner which can confuse and frustrate you.
Hi
It's so confusing indeed. When I received RPRF payment request in the letter saying "in order to make a decision" I got so thrilled to be close to get PPR soon

Can3223

Sep 2, 2022
Hi
It's so confusing indeed. When I received RPRF payment request in the letter saying "in order to make a decision" I got so thrilled to be close to get PPR soon
These are the standard lines used by the case officers. They can be misleading. Every time I have got an ADR it seemed that as if they are going to issue the visa the very next day. :)

But these guys are strange in their working and have no accountability to people like us who have to just wait. It’s so frustrating that one cannot plan anything.

In my case I have ordered GCMS notes 2 weeks back let’s see what is written in it.

aknmhb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2023
These are the standard lines used by the case officers. They can be misleading. Every time I have got an ADR it seemed that as if they are going to issue the visa the very next day. :)

But these guys are strange in their working and have no accountability to people like us who have to just wait. It’s so frustrating that one cannot plan anything.

In my case I have ordered GCMS notes 2 weeks back let’s see what is written in it.
Good luck with that

leevick

Star Member
Feb 8, 2022
China
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I got the same words in ADR requesting a renewed passport. That also made me excited but till now it’s been one week with no update beside ”We are reviewing the documents you provided”. I shouldn’t have taken their wording so seriously.