+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military Records ??!!!

skyhigh1245

Mar 12, 2019
Hi everyone, after 5 months since AOR ( 21 August 2020, CEC inland) , I have received a note from IRCC requesting me to provide a certified copy of Military Records. The thing is I had not served for military in my country before , I don't know why I have got this letter from IRCC.
Can someone share any idea of how I should apprehend this and what I should do .
Regards,

Last edited:

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi everyone, after 5 months since AOR ( 21 August 2020, CEC inland) , I have received a note from IRCC requesting me to provide a certified copy of Military Records. The thing is I have not served for military in my country before , I dont know why I have got this letter from IRCC.
Can someone share any idea of how I should apprehend this and what I should do .
Regards,
Oh wow! Perhaps call them and explain. They should be able to advise you of what to do.

skyhigh1245

Mar 12, 2019
Oh wow! Perhaps call them and explain. They should be able to advise you of what to do.
Thank you for your reply !!
What I could say is I was super confused .:confused::confused::confused::confused: I have tried to look up on the forum relating to this issue but not much helpful information I have found.
Maybe I just have to write and upload an explanation letter and wait to see what they're gonna say !!

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Thank you for your reply !!
What I could say is I was super confused .:confused::confused::confused::confused: I have tried to look up on the forum relating to this issue but not much helpful information I have found.
Maybe I just have to write and upload an explanation letter and wait to see what they're gonna say !!
Did you end up submitting anything to IRCC regarding your ADR? I got the same request and I just uploaded the document.

skyhigh1245

Mar 12, 2019
Did you end up submitting anything to IRCC regarding your ADR? I got the same request and I just uploaded the document.
Yes I submitted the exempt certificate and also I noted in the IRCC military form that I had not served before ( date and sign the form) . Its been 2 months since I uploaded , still waiting ...

Reactions: glam12

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Yes I submitted the exempt certificate and also I noted in the IRCC military form that I had not served before ( date and sign the form) . Its been 2 months since I uploaded , still waiting ...
Do you know your status (for eligibility, background, etc)?
I had all stages passed but security according to agent. I assume this is the only document missing for me to get approved.
I've seen in other groups that people who had this same request got their approval after a couple of weeks.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

skyhigh1245

Mar 12, 2019
Asking my agent and she said nothing happend since the submission of ADR...I will reach 8 months on this 21. No GUs so far so I guess just waiting.
Have a couple friends being asked for the same document and they all later got their COpR not long ago. So think we will be fine .

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Asking my agent and she said nothing happend since the submission of ADR...I will reach 8 months on this 21. No GUs so far so I guess just waiting.
Have a couple friends being asked for the same document and they all later got their COpR not long ago. So think we will be fine .
I'm AOR Aug 25. I had a GU on April 1st and called IRCC a few days after and learnt that all stages were passed pending only security. One day after my call I had the ADR. I agree with you we should be fine. It's just a matter of time. Best of luck to you.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
@legalfalcon would you know in which stage such as Military Certificate would be requested by IRCC during an EE application? I got this ADR a few weeks ago and according to IRCC agent today, all stages were passed pending only security.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon would you know in which stage such as Military Certificate would be requested by IRCC during an EE application? I got this ADR a few weeks ago and according to IRCC agent today, all stages were passed pending only security.

If you have served in the military, you will have to disclose it and provide the record. If it was asked, it is used during BGC / Security,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: sponsort

Mlongen

Jul 30, 2020
Anyone has any updates on the timeline of this? I submitted my military records yesterday, I haven't attached the form, i've only attached the exempt certificate