+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Military Experience as Foreign Work Experience

Vicious

Jul 3, 2014
Hi,

I am from South Korea which 1year and 10months of military service is a mandatory.

I have done my service from April 2015 to Jan 2017, and need to have some extra score for my EE profile.

Can I say this military experience as Foreign Work Experience even though it is compulsory?

Best Regards,

Vicious

Jul 3, 2014
Can you find a NOC that matches with your position in the military?
NOC4313 Infantry Soldier matchs me the best but what I concern is NOC4313 named as "Non-commissioned ranks of the Canadian Forces".

Since it says Canadian Forces specifically, I guess I'm not able to use the NOC. Can I have your opinion on this?

Regards,

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
NOC4313 Infantry Soldier matchs me the best but what I concern is NOC4313 named as "Non-commissioned ranks of the Canadian Forces".

Since it says Canadian Forces specifically, I guess I'm not able to use the NOC. Can I have your opinion on this?

Regards,
I can't really answer that since I've not been through this. I do remember seeing similar post in this forum. Do a search and see if you can find anything

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Hi,

I am from South Korea which 1year and 10months of military service is a mandatory.

I have done my service from April 2015 to Jan 2017, and need to have some extra score for my EE profile.

Can I say this military experience as Foreign Work Experience even though it is compulsory?

Best Regards,

As long as I know the service is mandatory for all Korean male, No.
You cannot use it as your job unless it's your voluntary service as a career.