+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Migration with a disable child

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The reality is that most parents of children with significant disabilities have one parent stay at home or only work part-time until the child hits 21 when most services end and then one has to stay home. Care is so expensive and hard to find that unless you are wealthy and can afford some help the burden of care falls on the family. Even if you are wealthy you still do a large portion of the care. Wait times for group homes are around 20-30 years bu5 will likely get longer.

Would add that your child may not be able to join you while you are a student in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl
Oct 3, 2021
Sorry if I made you confused. She is 13 years old child. And thank you so much for all your help. I never thought I could get this much information. I will search for schools and also will check whether the college could give flexible hours for lectures.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sorry if I made you confused. She is 13 years old child. And thank you so much for all your help. I never thought I could get this much information. I will search for schools and also will check whether the college could give flexible hours for lectures.

1. I am assuming that you have not applied for your study permit, since you and your daughter will have to pass the medical. So you should be prepared that your daughter may not pass the medical.

Reactions: Naturgrl