+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Migration to Canada from Greece

geomine

Mar 21, 2017
Hello,

I am a 31 years old BSc Engineering Geologist and M.Eng Mining & Metallurgical Engineer, with 5 year of freelance work and research experience, originated from Greece. I am thinking about trying to migrate to Canada within the next two years, either directly for work or initially for MSc studies and then for work. Could you please provide me with your opinions regarding the job market there, how easy is to do such a move in terms of visa-regulations-employers there, and if it is better to go to a canadian university first and then to search for a job?

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my post and I look forward to receiving your replies.

Best,
George

SF83

Feb 11, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Hi George

<<<M.Eng Mining & Metallurgical Engineer>>>
Alberta it is ;-) Can't tell you how the oil business will develope the next two years, nowbody knows ever... but as a mining eng. "Oillberta" is devinitively your best choice to look for a job.

Easiest way (if possible for Greek?!): Working holiday visa. It's cheap and open, you can do what ever you want and if you find an employer during the year that supports you it's easy to go to a Young professional Visa.

Good luck!
Simon

geomine

Mar 21, 2017
Thank you Simon,

I actually have a freelance experience mostly as a Geotechnical-Geological Engineer, rather than in Mining. In addition, is it possible for someone to get a job offer while in home country? Or is it better to enroll at a university for a masters degree first? Do local employers consider international applicants-professionals?