+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle school for children when parent is temp worker

Discussion in 'Education' started by Avadava, Jun 10, 2019.

  1. Hi!

    I was hoping to get some info regarding school registration in BC for children whose parent is a temporary worker.

    Backstory: father came to Canada on a work permit. Wife is planning to join him in August. The children are 9 and 12 years old and will need to be registered in the school year 2019-2010.

    Reading through the documents needed for school registration they only mention PR card and birth certificate as proof of residency.

    Did anyone go through this and has any input?

    PS father is working on getting his PR based on his work contract. Mother will also receive a work permit upon landing. What is their children's status in Canada and how can they prove their status in order to attend school?

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Avadava likes this.

Share This Page