+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle Name

sherlock16

Oct 26, 2021
Hello! I am new here so please bear with me if this has been asked a lot of times.

I came to Canada as a permanent resident. The name on my COPR does not include my middle name (mother's maiden name). I was advised by a representative of an agency not to include it.

However, my middle name on my foreign passport and of course, on my birth certificate, is there. On my health card and PR card, no middle name is included.

I have already applied for citizenship last June and I have forgotten to include that on the AKA section. I have sent a web form but of course, they said they will not reply.

My questions are: Is there a way for me to add this to my application or I cannot make any changes anymore?

If I want to include it, do I need to go through the process of legal name change?

Thank you in advance! Feel free to share me your thoughts. I have tried looking at the threads here but I have not seen anything about this. If you know of any threads related to my dilemma, please direct me to it as well.

Regards.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello! I am new here so please bear with me if this has been asked a lot of times.

I came to Canada as a permanent resident. The name on my COPR does not include my middle name (mother's maiden name). I was advised by a representative of an agency not to include it.

However, my middle name on my foreign passport and of course, on my birth certificate, is there. On my health card and PR card, no middle name is included.

I have already applied for citizenship last June and I have forgotten to include that on the AKA section. I have sent a web form but of course, they said they will not reply.

My questions are: Is there a way for me to add this to my application or I cannot make any changes anymore?

If I want to include it, do I need to go through the process of legal name change?

Thank you in advance! Feel free to share me your thoughts. I have tried looking at the threads here but I have not seen anything about this. If you know of any threads related to my dilemma, please direct me to it as well.

Regards.
How did this progress in your case? Any updates?

sherlock16

Oct 26, 2021
How did this progress in your case? Any updates?
Hello!

I sent a webform asking if I can still add but there has been no reply.

So far, I am done with my exam and still awaiting decision. But I think I will not be able to include it anymore. As I have read in other threads, middle names are usually not that important so I may have to let this one go.

Thanks!

tuweetuwee

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Hello!

I sent a webform asking if I can still add but there has been no reply.

So far, I am done with my exam and still awaiting decision. But I think I will not be able to include it anymore. As I have read in other threads, middle names are usually not that important so I may have to let this one go.

Thanks!

Hi! Same thing happened to me, I forgot to include my Middle Name on my Application as I got used to just using Given Name & Last Name.

Any update about your application? Have you been approved already?

Thank you!