+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle name missing in IELTS, passport expiring in 8 months

jupef

Oct 1, 2016
Hello,

I gave my IELTS exam last month (Sep-2016). I am happy with my results. Now here my problem (I think I messed up)...

Passport has:
Given Name: (First Name) + (Middle Name that is my Father's Name)
Last Name: (Surname)

My IELTS scorecard has:
First name: (First Name)

I missed mentioning my middle name. I realised this during my speaking test. The ielts authority told me to submit my passport copy and it will be corrected. I did that. But my score card did not reflect the change :( I have emailed them, but I am worried if they don't change the name.

Now I am planning to file express entry profile by Dec-2016. My passport expires in July-2017.

I am so worried now. My given name is a mismatch. Now to add to horror, the passport number will change on renewal. What do I do?

Can someone please guide?

Thanks!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The name isn't a problem. Simply sign a One and the Same Person affidavit, stating that all variations of your name belong to the same person.

The change in passport number isn't a problem either. Just update your profile to reflect the change.

jupef

Oct 1, 2016
Thank you for the reply! Some relief I got :)

There are times when such small things eat up your head!

abhicg

Oct 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2016
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
jupef said:
Thank you for the reply! Some relief I got :)

There are times when such small things eat up your head!
I had the similar situation of the passport expiry. In your LOE (Letter of Explanation) , you could make a note about the change of passport number and why its not in sync with your IELTS report.
Also your New passport will always have the old passport number which you can attach as a proof.

Temithornhill

May 16, 2017
Hello,

I gave my IELTS exam last month (Sep-2016). I am happy with my results. Now here my problem (I think I messed up)...

Passport has:
Given Name: (First Name) + (Middle Name that is my Father's Name)

My IELTS scorecard has:
First name: (First Name)

I missed mentioning my middle name. I realised this during my speaking test. The ielts authority told me to submit my passport copy and it will be corrected. I did that. But my score card did not reflect the change :( I have emailed them, but I am worried if they don't change the name.

Now I am planning to file express entry profile by Dec-2016. My passport expires in July-2017.

I am so worried now. My given name is a mismatch. Now to add to horror, the passport number will change on renewal. What do I do?

Can someone please guide?

Thanks!

hello. I kinda have the same issue . did this affect the outcome of your PR application? looking forward to reading from you.

Jul 9, 2018
I have the same problem. My passport number is the same, but my middle nAme is missing. Can I apply with an affidavit? I hope this wont be an issue?

Jul 9, 2018
The name isn't a problem. Simply sign a One and the Same Person affidavit, stating that all variations of your name belong to the same person.

The change in passport number isn't a problem either. Just update your profile to reflect the change.
I also have the same problem except my passport number is the same, my middle name isn’t mentioned on the IELTS TRF. I’ve got an affidavit made stating the names belong to one and the same person. Should I apply for study permit with it and an affidavit? I hope this will not be a matter of concern?

ayushraval24

Oct 11, 2021
I also have the same problem except my passport number is the same, my middle name isn’t mentioned on the IELTS TRF. I’ve got an affidavit made stating the names belong to one and the same person. Should I apply for study permit with it and an affidavit? I hope this will not be a matter of concern?
I have the same problem of middle name, can anybody give me the solution?

ayushraval24

Oct 11, 2021
Did you find any solution to this mate?
Yup, I emailed idp with my problem and also sent passport as well as ielts result. After two days I visited idp office and they forwarded my email. So I got updated result within 8-9 days. If your email is forwarded by idp employee then you will get solution immediately otherwise it will take more than a month to solve it. They reply back once in a week.

Reactions: Adi@911

Adi@911

Nov 17, 2021
Yup, I emailed idp with my problem and also sent passport as well as ielts result. After two days I visited idp office and they forwarded my email. So I got updated result within 8-9 days. If your email is forwarded by idp employee then you will get solution immediately otherwise it will take more than a month to solve it. They reply back once in a week.
I spoke with IDP on their hotline and they just denied making any changes. According to them, changes can be done prior to release of TRF and not post that. Infact their executive was rude enough to disconnect the line while I was asking for a solution. Were the changes made for you post receiving the TRF, if yes then approx after how many days? & Which IDP center did you visit? Thanks

ayushraval24

Oct 11, 2021
I spoke with IDP on their hotline and they just denied making any changes. According to them, changes can be done prior to release of TRF and not post that. Infact their executive was rude enough to disconnect the line while I was asking for a solution. Were the changes made for you post receiving the TRF, if yes then approx after how many days? & Which IDP center did you visit? Thanks
It was after I got my ETRF, I posted request on the next day I got my result and I went to idp center at Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Because of covid they were not giving TRF hard copy.

Reactions: Adi@911

Adi@911

Nov 17, 2021
It was after I got my ETRF, I posted request on the next day I got my result and I went to idp center at Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Because of covid they were not giving TRF hard copy.
Thanks. Let me try my luck by visiting the IDP office once. Have mailed them already.