+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle Name differences considered as different name?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

In below cases, what option do I need to select for question - Does xyz has used any other name? I created one & same person affidavit in both the cases.

- My wife has name of her father as middle name in her education certificate. While name in passport (& thus in application) does not have any middle name.
- Middle name is missing from my salary slips, although all other documents have middle name.

Thanks in advance!

rj2301

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax IRCC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
IELTS Request
26-04-2016
File Transfer...
26-04-2016
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
21-08-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
LANDED..........
13-03-2017
softwaretesting said:
Hi,

In below cases, what option do I need to select for question - Does xyz has used any other name? I created one & same person affidavit in both the cases.

- My wife has name of her father as middle name in her education certificate. While name in passport (& thus in application) does not have any middle name.
- Middle name is missing from my salary slips, although all other documents have middle name.

Thanks in advance!
I have same situation - if it's not written in the passport as middle name, you do not have to mention it and simple check no to the question.
If you have middle name in passport and not in any other documents, mention it in application and attach affidavit.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I don't have initials, but I have my initials instead of last name in educational and work documents. When I researched this forum, I found that we need to choose 'Yes' for different name, choose nick name and upload one and same person affidavit for it.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj2301 said:
I have same situation - if it's not written in the passport as middle name, you do not have to mention it and simple check no to the question.
If you have middle name in passport and not in any other documents, mention it in application and attach affidavit.
Thanks, so if I understood it correctly, you are suggesting this:
Select option as "No" for question "Does xyz has used any other name?"
Select option as "Yes", mention name without middle name & provide one & same person affidavit

Any expert with differing opinion, as I was thinking other way round? :-\

@DelPiero07 please suggest.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Select option as "Yes", mention name without middle name & provide one & same person affidavit

Any further suggestions please guys?

rj2301

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax IRCC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
IELTS Request
26-04-2016
File Transfer...
26-04-2016
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
21-08-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
LANDED..........
13-03-2017
softwaretesting said:

Yes, your wife should say No to the question " Does xyz has used any other name?
No you do not have to select option yes for salary slips, as salary slips only uses first and last name as far as I know.
As far as you do not use any different names you do not have to mention Yes.
For example my name in my documents are xyz but my name in salary slip is abc, in this case you have to select Yes.
If first and last name is same as official documents, you do not have to select Yes to that question.
Hope this clears thing up.

-- RJ

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj2301 said:
Yes, your wife should say No to the question " Does xyz has used any other name?
No you do not have to select option yes for salary slips, as salary slips only uses first and last name as far as I know.
As far as you do not use any different names you do not have to mention Yes.
For example my name in my documents are xyz but my name in salary slip is abc, in this case you have to select Yes.
If first and last name is same as official documents, you do not have to select Yes to that question.
Hope this clears thing up.

-- RJ
Thanks, makes sense! Do I need to upload One & Same name affidavit in this case, if I select No to this question?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
softwaretesting said:

Any expert with differing opinion, as I was thinking other way round? Undecided

Any further suggestions please guys?
It is the other way.

Your wife has used a name that is different from the one in her passport, so the answer for her must be Yes.

You have still used the same name as in your passport, just without the middle name mentioned, so the answer for you is No.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
How about initials? My passport last name has been abbreviated in couple of my documents. So assume my name is like this in passport.. First name: Hi Hello Last name: Yes Fine..

In my employment records, it is like this Y.F Hi Hello.. In my degree certificate, it is like this: Hi Hello Y.F.

Do I need to mark Yes and upload one and same person affidavit? When I read in this forum, someone had similar case and they suggested choosing Yes, and choose nick name from the option that comes up. In the description it has been given that nick name is meant for aliases of the name which kinda suits for this scenario. Kindly suggest.

Getting a one and same person affidavit is very easy for me. It's a ten minute work in US at banks and notary (bank manager themselves have notary authority) just puts their seal and signature after we sign in front of them. But just wanted check if it's really needed or not.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
How about initials? My passport last name has been abbreviated in couple of my documents. So assume my name is like this in passport.. First name: Hi Hello Last name: Yes Fine..

In my employment records, it is like this Y.F Hi Hello.. In my degree certificate, it is like this: Hi Hello Y.F.

Do I need to mark Yes and upload one and same person affidavit? When I read in this forum, someone had similar case and they suggested choosing Yes, and choose nick name from the option that comes up. In the description it has been given that nick name is meant for aliases of the name which kinda suits for this scenario. Kindly suggest.

Getting a one and same person affidavit is very easy for me. It's a ten minute work in US at banks and notary (bank manager themselves have notary authority) just puts their seal and signature after we sign in front of them. But just wanted check if it's really needed or not.

@DEEPCUR .. Can you share your experience as to what you did here?

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
I just did what I explained above. Chose nick name and made one and same person affidavit.
Hi @DEEPCUR, regarding the same experience, when noted that you have been referred to with a different name, Did your document checklist contain a section for 'Legal Name Change document' as well? Is this where you put your One and Same Person notification.

What confuses me is the fact technically it is not a name change, just an abbreviation.

Seeking advice ...

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi @DEEPCUR, regarding the same experience, when noted that you have been referred to with a different name, Did your document checklist contain a section for 'Legal Name Change document' as well? Is this where you put your One and Same Person notification.

What confuses me is the fact technically it is not a name change, just an abbreviation.

Seeking advice ...
Yes.. check list had that. I hope you chose nick name / alias from that list when it asks to enter additional names.

Reactions: systix

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Yes.. check list had that. I hope you chose nick name / alias from that list when it asks to enter additional names.
Yes, I chose nickname/alias. I am going to add into the LoE stating that abbreviation and in which documents it was used specifically so that I can be clear.

For yourself, there was no formal name change I am presuming. Like many others. But was getting conflicted reports from other threads, thus wanted to check your experience.

Thanks