Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Oh! I forgot to mention, from that 600,000 I have added 89 myself in my org.

I'm a businessman. Am here since 2008. My business is doing quite good AlHamdulillah. By the grace of God, shall be establishing its branch in Toronto by Feb/Mar 2010. Done the feasibility study already since 1 yr & 3 visits to Canada (last in Aug 2009).

Me & my peers in the industry haven't seen backwards recently. During our meets at DCCI (Chamber of Commerce) no adversity has been noticed/discussed. My own construction site in Ajman is going smooth (yes, many others are stalled). The sales at Carrefour hasn't declined (ditto for other hypers). Our bread & butter still costs the same (slight increases has been the regular feature, as all over the world, no major hikes due to the global meltdown). Annual increments still happenned in most good companies (including mine).

But, yes I agree, there is quite a hype in the market. But nothing alarming. Most orgs are playing safe but are not critical. And lately, things are picking up quite OK. Mine & my peers business are on the move, AlHamdulillah again.

Brothers, I am not a Govt. servant. But, I still do not foresee anything unusual here. Dubai govt is not in the red. Nither the banks, airlines & other major industry. In fact 4 banks & airlines have made profits. They are PJSCs and cannot declare misleading info.

There is nothing happenning in 'broad daylight' in papers; the Govt. is not hiding anything; and Lt. Gen Dahi Khalfan is true at his observations... the no. of cars found at the a/port is miniscule compared to the overall growth of the industrial/business sector.

My final say: Dubai is still a better governed state than many all over the globe. There is definitely a strong 'Brand Dubai', the foreign press is unnecessarily hyping up the issue.

There are plenty of ppl who are happily settled here. A recent Gowealthy Poll showed 78% ppl are satisfied & happy to be here, rather than their home nations. Moreover, till date Brits and other European & Americans are constantly taking-up jobs here, Why?

swattoo

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
With due respect, I again dis-agree.
Regarding profits: All the Banks have declared profits, still all the banks fired thousands of their workforce. Emirates NBD is an example. Being a government entity they were considered safer than others. But they fired 2000 people, me being one of them. But there was not a single line news on national or international media regarding firing in Emirates NBD. Others that I know include Noor Islamic, SCB, HSBC, Barclays, RBS, Mashreq & Habib Bank AG Zurich.
Same is the case with "ALL" construction companies including Emaar, Nakheel, Schon, etc.......Thousands of their workforce was fired.....
There was "NO" increment as far as I know in "MOST" of the companies. That includes Banking, Construction, Contracting and related. And if there was, it was very less as compared with the last year.
This is not a hype. It is a fact that Dubai's construction bubble has busted. Stock market has crashed many times.
Obviously, in papers, nothing can go wrong... because this is Dubai.... And do you still believe, government is not hiding (after recent happenings). if they are not hiding, they are either not telling the truth.
Many people are settled here happily. And believe me, those who left their home country and came to Dubai would never say they are unhappy. coz if they were unhappy, they would not have been in Dubai.
Europeans and Americans come here because of zero tax on their income and because they have American and European Passports which is much more regarded than Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi passports. Why would a Harvard/Oxford/Stanford graduate leave Manhattan/Seoul/London/Tokyo/Toronto etc and come to Dubai? Can we compare Dubai with these cities? I don't think so. And if yes, Why are we all leaving Dubai ?

Qorax, you think positively. Which is very good. But being positive and being realistic are a little different. please dont take anything personal.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Swattoo, nothing personal taken. We are old pals from trackitt, remember...
Greetings & Best Wishes
for
the 38th UAE National Day !
Capt. SD.

Rizwanyounes

Oct 2, 2009
hi every one i have one question that when we need to show funds by the statement from the band then they need it for certain period like 3 or 6 month statement or just we have to show that we have this much amount in our account (CAD)15000 ........
thanks

Biblo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2008
Doc's Request.
01- Dec - 2008
IELTS Request
01- Dec - 2008
Dear Rizwanyounes,
The best is to show 6 months Bank Statement, The good is to show 3 months and showing how much is in your A/C today is just fine. The decision is yours, the more months in track line the safer you are.

Dear Qorax,
I also disagree with you because two of our office towers in Business Bay area each of 36 floors are canceled in 2009. In addition our company relocated the staff to other countries, which cost cheaper such as Egypt, Lebanon, Pakistan, India and a few are fired. Our company is also considering the downsizing option now for 2010. Our clients having done the feasibility of their projects have canceled their projects which are off plan.

This obviously means things are going wrong, we hardly find new clients interested in Middle East let alone Dubai after the recent crash. It isn't true that the only effected sector is construction, because its the main thread in economic cycle of Dubai, when construction is down the whole cycle is effected.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Hello guys,

Waiting is killing me. Can't wait. Just to inform you guys that today I ordered CAIPS notes thru caipsnotes.com. I am aware of the possibility that I might receive my medical request before I will receive my CAIPS notes. Crazy me? It just gives me much hope thinking that 4-6 weeks from today I will have a clear picture of what is going on with my file.
Anyway I will be needing your assistance by the time I have the notes.

God Bless You All

Biblo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2008
Doc's Request.
01- Dec - 2008
IELTS Request
01- Dec - 2008
Aspire,
There is only one trick which can save you from getting killed for waiting and that's "Divert your Attention" spend more time with your profession, physical fitness and family.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Biblo said:
Aspire,
There is only one trick which can save you from getting killed for waiting and that's "Divert your Attention" spend more time with your profession, physical fitness and family.
...Yah you're right Biblio...and probably stop visiting the forums??? Everytime there is someone from London visa office who applied later than I do and receives medical request, worries me...Patience..Patience..Patience...

syeda

Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspire said:
Biblo said:
Aspire,
...Yah you're right Biblio...and probably stop visiting the forums??? Everytime there is someone from London visa office who applied later than I do and receives medical request, worries me...Patience..Patience..Patience...

HI GUYS,

I HAVE APPLIED FOR CANADA IMMIGRATION AND MY INITIAL APPLICATION RECIEVED NS ON 2nd DECEMBER 2009.MY VISA OFFICE WOULD BE LONDON.I HAVE SOME QUERIES HERE:
1)COULD YOU TELL ME DOES MY TRANSCRIPTS ALSO NEED THE STAMP OF MINISTRY OF EDUCATION,PAKISTAN?ADDITIONALLY,DO I NEED TO NOTORIZE OR ATTEST MY EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS AND TRANSCRIPTS WITH ALL MY EMPLOYMENT LETTERS?AS MY CONSULTANT ADVISED ME JUST TO ATTEST YOUR TRANSCRIPTS FROM MINISTRY EDUCATION ONLY.SO WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?
2)How many months bank statement for proof of funds? for how many months we need to keep the money in bank account.SHOULD WE SHOW MONEY ON LANDING AS A PROOF OF FUNDS?
WHAT DOES FINAL DECISION MADE?IS IT AFTER STAMING VISA ON PASSPORTS?
3)MY HUSBAND IS A PRINCIPAL APPLICANT,HE HAD AN ACCIDENT 12 YEARS BACK N LOST HIS LAST SMALL FINGER OF HIS RIGHT HAND?WOULD THAT MAKE A PROBLEM IN MEDICALS?
THE PEOPLE WHO GOT THEIR MEDICALS OR VISAS COULD THROW LIGHT ON MY POINTS AND GUIDE ME.
REPLY ME SOON.
THANKS,
SYEDA

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Syeda,

1. Am not aware of this procedure, but ur agent must be better at it.
2. Ur AOR shall specify the qty of Bank Statements needed. The amount do not need to be there every month. But, the latest statement should have it.
3. The loss of a finger wouldn't be a medical rejection.

Final Decision: Generally it is on ecas after ur visa is stamped. But, there r many cases where it didn't change even till the guy landed. It's of no importance; the CHCs tend to be overloaded and might have admin reasons for not updating our ecas timely.
CAIPS/FOSS Notes: It's rather good to obtain ur CAIPS/FOSS Notes, tht will give all the right info.

Hope that helps.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
qorax said:
Syeda,

1. Am not aware of this procedure, but ur agent must be better at it.
2. Ur AOR shall specify the qty of Bank Statements needed. The amount do not need to be there every month. But, the latest statement should have it.
3. The loss of a finger wouldn't be a medical rejection.

Final Decision: Generally it is on ecas after ur visa is stamped. But, there r many cases where it didn't change even till the guy landed. It's of no importance; the CHCs tend to be overloaded and might have admin reasons for not updating our ecas timely.
CAIPS/FOSS Notes: It's rather good to obtain ur CAIPS/FOSS Notes, tht will give all the right info.

Hope that helps.
Hi Qorax,

I'm only aware about CAIPS. What is that thing called FOSS? Thanks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aspire said:
Hi Qorax,

I'm only aware about CAIPS. What is that thing called FOSS? Thanks.
The 'Field Operations Support System' (FOSS) is the domestic equivalent of CAIPS and is used for processing applications for immigration from inside Canada.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
qorax said:
The 'Field Operations Support System' (FOSS) is the domestic equivalent of CAIPS and is used for processing applications for immigration from inside Canada.
Thanks qorax.

syeda

Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspire said:
Thanks qorax.

HI GUYS,
I WANT TO KNOW FROM ALL LONDON APPLICANTS THAT IN PHASE 2 WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED?
MY ALL EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS AND TRANSCRIPTS TO BE NOTARISED?AND WHAT ELSE MORE?
I AM HAVING PROBLEM IN SETTLEMENT OF FUNDS FOR 5 PERSONS?ANY GUIDANCE?
WAITING FOR PROMPT REPLY.
THANKS,
SYEDA