+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MI-1 UPDATE!!! DON'T LOSE HOPE. Some VO will process Pre-June in 2012!

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
I am a pre-june applicant ( May 2010 ) from Sydney Visa Office. My File status have been " In Process with RBVO details since January of this year. Recently, on 29th of November. Sydney VO emailed some of their applicants including me this letter :

SKILLED WORKER MI1 UPDATE

29 November 2011
File Number: xxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

This refers to your application for admission to Canada as a Skilled Worker. You are now being provided with an opportunity to update your application, prior to assessment of the file by a Visa Officer.

Please provide for review now:
•Original Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008) form,
•Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM5669) form for you and all dependents 18 years and older;
•Updated Additional Family information (IMM5406) form
•Updated Schedule 3 (IMM008) form. Ensure you accurately complete all relevant codes from the National Occupation Classification handbook which most closely describes your work experience over the past ten years;
Note: All forms are available online at: www.cic.gc.ca

•Updated passport bio/ information page(s) for each person included on the application, should the passport be new or renewed since the initial submission of your application.
•Current visa or status document for Australia, New Zealand, Fiji or any other country where you are (lawfully) residing, as applicable.
•Updated Identification photographs for you and all accompanying dependents as per the photo specifications available online: SW Application Guide - Appendix A
•Civil documents for any new spouse/common law partner or dependent children, not previously included in your application: Certified copies are acceptable in the first instance. We require birth certificates for all accompanying family members: marriage, divorce and death certificates (for all marriage/divorce/s for all applicants – as applicable); child custody and/or adoption orders from competent authorities as applicable.
•Updated employment experience documents since the submission of your application (principal applicant only) : original confirmation of employment in a skill level O, A or B occupation.
•Updated education documents since the submission of your application for you and your spouse/common-law partner (as applicable)
•Updated Settlement funds: Provide from the past 6 months ORIGINAL financial statement/s (e.g. bank statements, term deposit statements) showing transaction listings for all your accounts to show your proof of unencumbered settlement funds for prospective settlement. Any large deposits must have clearly documented provenance to show the funds are yours.
•Language proficiency: Updated results for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the test d'évaluation de français (TEF) may be presented, if available. Evidence of improved scores will be considered.
•Any additional changes to your situation, such as arranged employment in Canada or proof of relationship to any blood relatives now living in Canada (certified copies of Birth certificates to clearly demonstrate the blood relationship).

These documents must be received at this office within 45 days from the date of this letter. If you need more time, you must advise this office immediately. If no information is received within this time frame, your application will be returned to the queue and you will be sent a reminder letter. If you do not respond to the reminder letter, we will assume you are no longer interested and your application will be refused.

If you wish to withdraw your application, you must do this immediately, in writing. You may be eligible for a full refund of the processing fee/s paid on your application. Once the visa officer reviews your application (initial assessment) there is no refund of any processing fee/s.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Yours truly

Visa section, Sydney

MY POINTS ARE:
WHY WOULD THEY ASK FOR AN UPDATE IF THEY WOULD NOT PROCESS MI-1 IN 2012?
WHY WOULD THEY ASK A RECENT PHOTO WITH 6 MONTHS VALIDITY IF THEY WOULD NOT PROCESS IT WITHIN 6 MONTHS?
WHY WOULD THEY ASK FOR AN UPDATED 6 MONTHS PROOF OF FUNDS IF THEY will JUST LET IT SIT FOR A YEAR?
AND ALSO, ITS CLEARLY SAID THAT IF I DON'T PASS ALL THE UPDATES IN 45 DAYS MY FILE WILL BE PUT BACK IN THE QUEUE...MY PAPERS IS AWAITING REVIEW ALREADY..
SO FOR PRE-JUNE APPLICANTS, DON'T LOSE HOPE..I THINK ALL VISA OFFICE HAVE THEIR OWN PROCESSING STATUS AND THERE IS NO GENERIC OR STANDARD INSTRUCTION FOR ALL VO TO PROCESS OR NOT TO PROCESS MI-1 IN 2012. ITS CASE –TO-CASE BASIS.
THIS IS FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND NOT JUST A 2ND HAND INFO...SO, ALL I CAN SAY IS ITS ONLY THE END OF 2011 but NOT THE WORLD...POSITIVE THINKING IN 2012 WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN...WHILE WAITING, IMPROVE YOUR SELF AND YOUR RESUME...BUILD UP YOUR CREDENTIALS. SO WHATEVER HAPPENS, YOURe READY TO FACE CANADA.

CHEER-UP!

LLOYD

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: MI-1 UPDATE...DON'T LOSE HOPE

lloydnina said:
I am a pre-june applicant ( May 2010 ) from Sydney Visa Office. My File status have been " In Process with RBVO details since January of this year. Recently, on 29th of November. Sydney VO emailed some of their applicants including me this letter :

29 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

This refers to your application for admission to Canada as a Skilled Worker. You are now being provided with an opportunity to update your application, prior to assessment of the file by a Visa Officer.

•Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM5669) form for you and all dependents 18 years and older;
•Updated Schedule 3 (IMM008) form. Ensure you accurately complete all relevant codes from the National Occupation Classification handbook which most closely describes your work experience over the past ten years;

•Updated passport bio/ information page(s) for each person included on the application, should the passport be new or renewed since the initial submission of your application.
•Current visa or status document for Australia, New Zealand, Fiji or any other country where you are (lawfully) residing, as applicable.
•Updated Identification photographs for you and all accompanying dependents as per the photo specifications available online: SW Application Guide - Appendix A
•Civil documents for any new spouse/common law partner or dependent children, not previously included in your application: Certified copies are acceptable in the first instance. We require birth certificates for all accompanying family members: marriage, divorce and death certificates (for all marriage/divorce/s for all applicants – as applicable); child custody and/or adoption orders from competent authorities as applicable.
•Updated employment experience documents since the submission of your application (principal applicant only) : original confirmation of employment in a skill level O, A or B occupation.
•Updated education documents since the submission of your application for you and your spouse/common-law partner (as applicable)
•Updated Settlement funds: Provide from the past 6 months ORIGINAL financial statement/s (e.g. bank statements, term deposit statements) showing transaction listings for all your accounts to show your proof of unencumbered settlement funds for prospective settlement. Any large deposits must have clearly documented provenance to show the funds are yours.
•Language proficiency: Updated results for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the test d'évaluation de français (TEF) may be presented, if available. Evidence of improved scores will be considered.
•Any additional changes to your situation, such as arranged employment in Canada or proof of relationship to any blood relatives now living in Canada (certified copies of Birth certificates to clearly demonstrate the blood relationship).

These documents must be received at this office within 45 days from the date of this letter. If you need more time, you must advise this office immediately. If no information is received within this time frame, your application will be returned to the queue and you will be sent a reminder letter. If you do not respond to the reminder letter, we will assume you are no longer interested and your application will be refused.

If you wish to withdraw your application, you must do this immediately, in writing. You may be eligible for a full refund of the processing fee/s paid on your application. Once the visa officer reviews your application (initial assessment) there is no refund of any processing fee/s.

Yours truly

Visa section, Sydney

MY POINTS ARE:
WHY WOULD THEY ASK A RECENT PHOTO WITH 6 MONTHS VALIDITY IF THEY WOULD NOT PROCESS IT WITHIN 6 MONTHS?
WHY WOULD THEY ASK FOR AN UPDATED 6 MONTHS PROOF OF FUNDS IF IT THEY JUST LET IT SIT FOR A YEAR?
AND ALSO, ITS CLEARLY SAID THAT IF I DON'T PASS ALL THE UPDATES IN 45 DAYS MY FILE WILL BE PUT BACK IN THE QUEUE...MY PAPERS IS AWAITING REVIEW ALREADY..
SO FOR PRE-JUNE APPLICANTS, DON'T LOSE HOPE..I THINK ALL VISA OFFICE HAVE THEIR OWN PROCESSING STATUS AND THERE IS NO GENERIC OR STANDARD INSTRUCTION FOR ALL VO TO PROCESS OR NOT TO PROCESS MI-1 IN 2012. ITS CASE –TO-CASE BASIS.
THIS IS FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND NOT JUST AND NOT A 2ND HAND INFO...SO, ALL I CAN SAY IS ITS ONLY THE END OF 2011 NOT THE WORLD...POSITIVE THINKING IN 2012 WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN...WHILE WAITING, IMPROVE YOUR SELF AND YOUR RESUME...BUILD UP YOUR CREDENTIALS. SO WHATEVER HAPPENS, YOUR READY TO FACE CANADA.

CHEER-UP!

LLOYD
Congratulations dear. :)

magar

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
1 June 2010

Great News Congratulations!!

lloydnina said:

29 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Yours truly

Visa section, Sydney

MY POINTS ARE:
WHY WOULD THEY ASK FOR AN UPDATED 6 MONTHS PROOF OF FUNDS IF IT THEY JUST LET IT SIT FOR A YEAR?
THIS IS FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND NOT JUST AND NOT A 2ND HAND INFO...SO, ALL I CAN SAY IS ITS ONLY THE END OF 2011 NOT THE WORLD...POSITIVE THINKING IN 2012 WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN...WHILE WAITING, IMPROVE YOUR SELF AND YOUR RESUME...BUILD UP YOUR CREDENTIALS. SO WHATEVER HAPPENS, YOUR READY TO FACE CANADA.

CHEER-UP!

LLOYD

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013

Thanks to you Magar and staralihaider...well, i haven't got a med request yet but still small development is enough for me to stay positive.
I hope that the both of you will receive a good news very very soon....
;)
lloyd

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lloydnina said:

29 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Yours truly

Visa section, Sydney

MY POINTS ARE:
WHY WOULD THEY ASK FOR AN UPDATED 6 MONTHS PROOF OF FUNDS IF THEY will JUST LET IT SIT FOR A YEAR?
THIS IS FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND NOT JUST A 2ND HAND INFO...SO, ALL I CAN SAY IS ITS ONLY THE END OF 2011 but NOT THE WORLD...POSITIVE THINKING IN 2012 WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN...WHILE WAITING, IMPROVE YOUR SELF AND YOUR RESUME...BUILD UP YOUR CREDENTIALS. SO WHATEVER HAPPENS, YOURe READY TO FACE CANADA.

CHEER-UP!

LLOYD
COngrats dear !! I hope all the VO will work harder for pre junes ..

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lloydnina said:

29 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Yours truly

Visa section, Sydney

MY POINTS ARE:

CHEER-UP!

LLOYD
GOOD
CONG.
INDIAN

kakadeo83

Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it just a standard email to all Sydney applicants? Cause I don't think they can process all applications at the same time. They just want to stay updated or to put next bfd date. My friend got 3 bfd's already. That's what I think.

Kaka

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
kakadeo83 said:
Is it just a standard email to all Sydney applicants? Cause I don't think they can process all applications at the same time. They just want to stay updated or to put next bfd date. My friend got 3 bfd's already. That's what I think.

Kaka
Hi Kaka,

Thanks for ur opinion..do u know if ur friend that u have mentioned have asked by Sydney VO for any updates?thanks

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lloydnina said:
Hi Kaka,

Thanks for ur opinion..do u know if ur friend that u have mentioned have asked by Sydney VO for any updates?thanks
u r true

kakadeo83

Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lloydnina said:
Hi Kaka,

My friend have submitted medicals 9 months back. still waiting for PPR , hope your case doesn't fall that long

paramjit

Star Member
Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2013
LANDED..........
In July-2013
Again wastage of 45 days in submission of updated docs,
when they are submitted already why dont they process the file and ask for any updated docs or arrange interview . after 45 days there is no guarantee that they will process immediately or after 2/3 months( BFD).
Automatically time taken increases by 60+45= 100 days roughly
I think VO is eating time to satisfy the prejune applicants.

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
Take it positively

MY POINTS ARE:

ITS IS an OPPortunity they are giving you if you want to avail not forcing you

They are working on your File They want most recent Pics

IN CASE THEY HAVE CHANGED OTHER WRITE BACK NOTHING HAS CHANGED YOU FIXED MAY HAVE BEEN RENEWED

paramjit

Star Member
Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2013
LANDED..........
In July-2013
on the file the next BFD would be after 45 days .
Once the file is updated with docs next BFD would be given
But I hope ur assumption is right
What I want to clarify is that they are unnecessary increasing the timelines

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
kakadeo83 said:
SORRY I WAS WRONG
No Worries...i, myself had some doubts as well but i need to stay positive as negatives will just put me down. Goodluck with yours!