+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MHA and MSc in dentistry... Plz help!!!!!!

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
Hi...
I have applied for PR and we(me and my hubby) are done with medicals..
These days we are searching for the universities for upgrading our studies...
I am BDS from India with 2and a 1/2yrs of experience in a dental college and I want to do masters in dentistry in Canada. I have started preparing for GRE.. but i would be able to take my exam in july or august. So i think I would be late to apply for the universities... So I want to know are there any universities which do not need GRE for addmission????
and whats the scope and job prospects after MSc???

Regarding my husband.. HE is MBBS from India and has 2+yrs.of experience in a medical college... he want to do MHA...
Do universities accept GRE for masters in Health admin or they need GMAT???
and what abt job prospects after MHA???

Thanks
AC

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
aaycee said:
Hi...
I have applied for PR and we(me and my hubby) are done with medicals..
These days we are searching for the universities for upgrading our studies...
I am BDS from India with 2and a 1/2yrs of experience in a dental college and I want to do masters in dentistry in Canada. I have started preparing for GRE.. but i would be able to take my exam in july or august. So i think I would be late to apply for the universities... So I want to know are there any universities which do not need GRE for addmission????
and whats the scope and job prospects after MSc???

Regarding my husband.. HE is MBBS from India and has 2+yrs.of experience in a medical college... he want to do MHA...
Do universities accept GRE for masters in Health admin or they need GMAT???
and what abt job prospects after MHA???

Thanks
AC

Any body plz reply...

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

In response to your question.

I dont know much about dentistry but I highly doubt if you will be able to enter a masters in dentistry without first becoming a dentist in Canada. If you will be landing in Ontario, I suggest you contact health force ontario and they may be able to guide you. Another thing you may consider is do your masters in science or masters in public health and make your research work be on something related to dentistry. Yes, evidence suggest new immigrants do better when they go on short courses (e.g. masters) than when they go on long 4 year courses. So, I support a masters program, if you get accepted. Graduating from reputable university, having good grades, having research experience (especially publications) etc, helps to strenghten your application.

The job prospect of MHA is good as I am aware. The main thing I think is, will your credentials be accepted. Most schools do not require a gre or gmat (I think university of british columbia is a university that often requires it). You want to look at individuals schools (e.g. U of T, Dalhousie) for their requirements. Again, the thing is will you get to the school. I will say you focus more on is your school reputable, is your marks good, do you have good english language scores, do you have publications, do you have conference presentations, do you have good references (from someone with at least a PhD behind their name, who knows you well, is not a family member, is not a friend, and whose work is relevant). Also if it is a MHA program, then think about, do you have management experience.

You may also want to consider applying for MPH programs if this is compatible with your interest. The lowest cost MPH program that I know is memorial university for around 5,000 for the whole 2 years.

Hope this helps.

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
RN said:
Hello,

In response to your question.

I dont know much about dentistry but I highly doubt if you will be able to enter a masters in dentistry without first becoming a dentist in Canada. If you will be landing in Ontario, I suggest you contact health force ontario and they may be able to guide you. Another thing you may consider is do your masters in science or masters in public health and make your research work be on something related to dentistry. Yes, evidence suggest new immigrants do better when they go on short courses (e.g. masters) than when they go on long 4 year courses. So, I support a masters program, if you get accepted. Graduating from reputable university, having good grades, having research experience (especially publications) etc, helps to strenghten your application.

The job prospect of MHA is good as I am aware. The main thing I think is, will your credentials be accepted. Most schools do not require a gre or gmat (I think university of british columbia is a university that often requires it). You want to look at individuals schools (e.g. U of T, Dalhousie) for their requirements. Again, the thing is will you get to the school. I will say you focus more on is your school reputable, is your marks good, do you have good english language scores, do you have publications, do you have conference presentations, do you have good references (from someone with at least a PhD behind their name, who knows you well, is not a family member, is not a friend, and whose work is relevant). Also if it is a MHA program, then think about, do you have management experience.

You may also want to consider applying for MPH programs if this is compatible with your interest. The lowest cost MPH program that I know is memorial university for around 5,000 for the whole 2 years.

Hope this helps.
Thanks RN for such a valuable info...
Soon I will contact HFO and will discuss with u..
Thanks again :)