+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

NovaBe

Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone. I received my COPR earlier this year however Trinidad's borders are closed and we decided to wait things out given the COVID situation. (My husband actually lives here) Can anyone advise if we would be able to travel Canada as I read they are not allowing you to enter to complete your PR unless it was issued before March 2020 or you are reuniting with an immediate family. Also, who would I email to find out this information? Thanks in advance.

spring2022

May 10, 2021
Sorry, I don't have any advice about your question, but just wanted to say that we are in the same situation and it's beyond frustrating. We sent my husband's passport to Rio and it's currently in Sao Paulo just collecting dust. Everything is open in Brazil, shopping malls and restaurants are packed, the general public doesn't give a -- and yet the consulate is closed? A service whose purpose is to reunite families? Ridiculous and unacceptable, especially considering that all commerce has opened. We are September 2019 applicants.
have you received your passports? The VFS suggested us to keep the passports with them when we sent a request to withdraw. We took their suggestion and the passport was sent to the Consulate last week. Not sure what's the timeline like there.

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone. I received my COPR earlier this year however Trinidad's borders are closed and we decided to wait things out given the COVID situation. (My husband actually lives here) Can anyone advise if we would be able to travel Canada as I read they are not allowing you to enter to complete your PR unless it was issued before March 2020 or you are reuniting with an immediate family. Also, who would I email to find out this information? Thanks in advance.
If your husband is a Canadian citizen he should be allowed to enter and you should be able to enter with him as your his spouse (an immediate family member). I will be entering Canada with my husbands COPR in June. Remember there are medicals that expire and you have to land in Canada with that deadline or may be forced to start this process all over again.

Here is a website that breaks it down: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Who can travel to Canada – Citizens, persons registered under Canada’s Indian Act, permanent residents, foreign nationals and refugees - Canada.ca

NovaBe

Jan 11, 2021
If your husband is a Canadian citizen he should be allowed to enter and you should be able to enter with him as your his spouse (an immediate family member). I will be entering Canada with my husbands COPR in June. Remember there are medicals that expire and you have to land in Canada with that deadline or may be forced to start this process all over again.

Here is a website that breaks it down: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Who can travel to Canada – Citizens, persons registered under Canada’s Indian Act, permanent residents, foreign nationals and refugees - Canada.ca

Thank you very much! Safe travels!

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019
IMPORTANT
Anyone looking for a way out of Cuba see attached details !!!

We have acquired at B737-800 aircraft from Chrono Aviation out of Montreal to pick us up in Holguin, Cuba on June 6th and flying to both Toronto and Montreal. We currently have 58 seats remaining to fill the plane and we want to give as many Canadians the chance to return home in this very difficult time.

The cost of the flight, meals and bus transportation is $700 txs inc.

Individuals can contact Dennis Woodworth at 902-541-0889 or email denniswoodworth@gmail.com for more details. They can also go to Canada Cuba Flight Relief on Facebook and we can add them to the group!

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Does anyone know how to go about getting a copy of older application decision letters? My husband applied for TRV in 2012 and 2013, got a denial for both, but I cant find a copy anywhere. I dont have any information around specific dates either. Do I file a regular ATIP? Or is this something I should ask our lawyer to look into?

A&G

Jan 20, 2019
Hi everyone,
Finally after more than two years since we first applied my wife and daughter got the visa and CORP this afternoon in the Canadian Embassy in Havana. It was a few people getting visa to complete the process in Canada and about 6 in the same situation as my wife so it means the process is moving a bit faster right now. I want to thank everyone in this forum for their support during this stressful journey and wish all the best to everyone. Now we have to wait until the flights resume to Cuba. Good Luck.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone,
Finally after more than two years since we first applied my wife and daughter got the visa and CORP this afternoon in the Canadian Embassy in Havana. It was a few people getting visa to complete the process in Canada and about 6 in the same situation as my wife so it means the process is moving a bit faster right now. I want to thank everyone in this forum for their support during this stressful journey and wish all the best to everyone. Now we have to wait until the flights resume to Cuba. Good Luck.
Congratulation.....
What is your timeline?