+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

spring2022

May 10, 2021
We received passport request for TRV in March and submitted passports to VFS in Brasilia in April. The consulate in Sao Paulo is closed and our passports are gathering dust. We'd like to withdraw passports and send them to VFS in Colombia who said they'll receive the passports provided the return address is within Colombia and the fees are paid in local bank. Can somebody please help?

________
Misc info:

1. PR Processing still in progress in Mexico. Prearrival received in March and they now adding my son to the application. Submitted Nov 2019.
2. TRV applied Oct 2020, Approved March 2021.

lhr93

Feb 3, 2019
We received passport request for TRV in March and submitted passports to VFS in Brasilia in April. The consulate in Sao Paulo is closed and our passports are gathering dust. We'd like to withdraw passports and send them to VFS in Colombia who said they'll receive the passports provided the return address is within Colombia and the fees are paid in local bank. Can somebody please help?

________
Misc info:

1. PR Processing still in progress in Mexico. Prearrival received in March and they now adding my son to the application. Submitted Nov 2019.
Sorry, I don't have any advice about your question, but just wanted to say that we are in the same situation and it's beyond frustrating. We sent my husband's passport to Rio and it's currently in Sao Paulo just collecting dust. Everything is open in Brazil, shopping malls and restaurants are packed, the general public doesn't give a -- and yet the consulate is closed? A service whose purpose is to reunite families? Ridiculous and unacceptable, especially considering that all commerce has opened. We are September 2019 applicants.

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico

________
Misc info:

Write to the embassy in Bogota because as far as I know the vac is not transmitting passports there, everything is sent directly to the embassy.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
A month ago I received DM for sponsor along with a biometrics letter and letter saying file being transferred to Mexico. At that time the PA status changed to application received from in progress. It is still saying that. After linking to GCKEY it only says submitted and the biometrics section says "at this time you do not have to give biometrics". I'm a little worried and don't know what this means

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
my husband got his ECOPR today!!!
Hang in there everyone and I wish you all a speedy process and the best of luck!!
it was an uphill climb for sure- I hope it goes smoothly for all of you!!

Reactions: OnlyOne80

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
A month ago I received DM for sponsor along with a biometrics letter and letter saying file being transferred to Mexico. At that time the PA status changed to application received from in progress. It is still saying that. After linking to GCKEY it only says submitted and the biometrics section says "at this time you do not have to give biometrics". I'm a little worried and don't know what this means
Every request I received didn't show up on gc key for several months. Most did not show up at all. I found ecas was more up to date if I remember correctly

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Every request I received didn't show up on gc key for several months. Most did not show up at all. I found ecas was more up to date if I remember correctly
Thank you for your answer. unfortunately ECAS also only shows application received. I'm wondering if my application is just sitting in a pile now. Others I know who applied around same time before and after all have "in progress" . IRCC seems to be like throwing a dart at files to see where they land

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
my husband got his ECOPR today!!!
Hang in there everyone and I wish you all a speedy process and the best of luck!!
it was an uphill climb for sure- I hope it goes smoothly for all of you!!
My husband also FINALLY received his COPR and passport back yesterday. Tickets are booked for June 15 and I'm praying the hotel jails are done by then.

Wishing all of you many prayers in your journey. Don't worry, there is an end to this madness in sight! Keep the faith. <3

Isha1980

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
My husband also FINALLY received his COPR and passport back yesterday. Tickets are booked for June 15 and I'm praying the hotel jails are done by then.

Wishing all of you many prayers in your journey. Don't worry, there is an end to this madness in sight! Keep the faith. <3
What is your timeline
Also how did you wait for passport return