+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
We just got the Passport request today, back in February we got the pre arrival and two days later a request for a new police certificate. My wife is from Cuba and she has to bring the passport to the Canadian Embassy in Havana. In the e-mail we just received they mentioned that the Canadian Embassy in Havana is only accepting passports during limited hours and instructing is to follow the instructions previously provided to us by the IRCC regarding date and time of passport submission.
Does anyone knows the current date and time that the Embassy is accepting the passports ?
Thanks in advance
We are from July 19, 2019
Hi
I was called from the embassy to submit my passport on the day of 27th April at 8:30 am and they returned to me the at 29th it was fast. I believe that they will call you. I am from Cuba. PA.

A&G

Jan 20, 2019
Thanks for the information, Did you got in touch with the Embassy or they call you?
How long does it took from the time you the request from IRCC to the phone call you received from the Embassy?
Thanks in advance your help

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
Thanks for the information, Did you got in touch with the Embassy or they call you?
How long does it took from the time you the request from IRCC to the phone call you received from the Embassy?
Thanks in advance your help
[/QUOT
I got the e-mail that we were accepted in March 28th and I was called from the embassy to submit my passport middle of April. The embassy called to my cellphone to set and appointment I had two options I could bring the passport April 20th or April 27 I chose 27th as I wasn't in Havana.
Any time you need it.

A&G

Jan 20, 2019
Hi Lynsita,

Thanks for your help, in our case this is what we got:

Please find attached a request for your passport and the passports of any accompanying dependents.

Please note that this is only a form letter with our standard instructions and that, due to COVID-19, the Canadian Embassy in Havana is only accepting passports during limited hours. Please follow the instructions previously provided to you by IRCC regarding date and time of passport submission.

We haven’t get any instructions for the date and time from IRCC, what we are trying to understand is if that phone call you got are the the instructions from IRCC and if we don’t have to do anything until the Embassy call us.
Where are you from in Cuba?

Thanks

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019
We just got the Passport request today, back in February we got the pre arrival and two days later a request for a new police certificate. My wife is from Cuba and she has to bring the passport to the Canadian Embassy in Havana. In the e-mail we just received they mentioned that the Canadian Embassy in Havana is only accepting passports during limited hours and instructing is to follow the instructions previously provided to us by the IRCC regarding date and time of passport submission.
Does anyone knows the current date and time that the Embassy is accepting the passports ?
Thanks in advance
We are from July 19, 2019
they called my wife one week after decision made and pre arrival for passport drop off . I would contact them and see why it is taking your file so long for passport request .

A&G

Jan 20, 2019
they called my wife one week after decision made and pre arrival for passport drop off . I would contact them and see why it is taking your file so long for passport request .
Thanks,
My wife will call the Embassy tomorrow, however we did get the passport request but in the email they mentioned about a previous instructions on Embassy hours of operation but we haven’t get those instructions. We hope we can get in contact with the Embassy and get some clarification.
Thanks again for your support.

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
Hi Lynsita,

Thanks for your help, in our case this is what we got:

Please find attached a request for your passport and the passports of any accompanying dependents.

Please note that this is only a form letter with our standard instructions and that, due to COVID-19, the Canadian Embassy in Havana is only accepting passports during limited hours. Please follow the instructions previously provided to you by IRCC regarding date and time of passport submission.

We haven’t get any instructions for the date and time from IRCC, what we are trying to understand is if that phone call you got are the the instructions from IRCC and if we don’t have to do anything until the Embassy call us.
Where are you from in Cuba?

Thanks
Hi
I am from Las Tunas, Puerto Padre. I really don't know if the call was the instructions from IRCC. The person I spoke to was scheduling the visas for April. I did not receive pre arrival letter. I only get and email saying that we were accepted and that the embassy in Havana was close.
Glad to help