Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
No problem at all. Let me know how it goes. FYI this is what they last replied after emailing them about this :

The process that is taken place at this moment for submission of the passport is the one shared in the previous interactions.

The Assisted service is only for paper based applications. Since the application has already been started and you are requested to send passport and other documents this does not apply to your situation.

If the biometrics were given for the same application and at the same Center where the passport is going to be submitted, the package transmission fee will not apply.

The Canada Visa Application Centre service charges (One-way courier service) must be paid via a wire transfer, or international wire transfer, in TTD$.

Below are the Bank account details:........”
I had followed your advice but I emailed them anyway just to see what they would say and this was the reponse. A little more clear than what they said to you :)

Regarding your question: The package transmission fees only have to be paid when the applicant provided biometrics in a different center where they're going to send his application. Or if the applicant provided biometrics for an old application.

Interesting tidbit, on the website it says very clearly that you have to submit a return courrier envelope as well for them to be able to return it to you. When my husband went to DHL to send it and asked them for a return envelop to include as he had already paid the return fee, they told him thats not how it works. They said they are familiar with the process and that the VAC will bring it to DHL and DHL will handle the return.

cheers,

Reactions: mrgarvin

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I had followed your advice but I emailed them anyway just to see what they would say and this was the reponse. A little more clear than what they said to you :)

Regarding your question: The package transmission fees only have to be paid when the applicant provided biometrics in a different center where they're going to send his application. Or if the applicant provided biometrics for an old application.

Interesting tidbit, on the website it says very clearly that you have to submit a return courrier envelope as well for them to be able to return it to you. When my husband went to DHL to send it and asked them for a return envelop to include as he had already paid the return fee, they told him thats not how it works. They said they are familiar with the process and that the VAC will bring it to DHL and DHL will handle the return.

cheers,
Yep. They wife just paid the return fee and that’s it. Hopefully you will get your good news soon. :)

maximoadlv

Nov 12, 2014
Hi guys,
I just got medical request for my wife which is in Cuba and I was wondering where can she go (that has flight available now) to get them done? I have been looking this morning but I have not found any flight for this month. Another question, it mentions we have 30 days to complete the exams, How could we ask for more days in case we can't find a date for a flight in 30 days? Do I need to show any proof that I was not able to get a flight?

Sorry for the long questions :D

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi guys,
I just got medical request for my wife which is in Cuba and I was wondering where can she go (that has flight available now) to get them done? I have been looking this morning but I have not found any flight for this month. Another question, it mentions we have 30 days to complete the exams, How could we ask for more days in case we can't find a date for a flight in 30 days? Do I need to show any proof that I was not able to get a flight?

Try to go to Barbados or Jamaica

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
I send them updated photos and documents about three weeks ago haven't gotten any thing as yet just an email saying the file will be updated and it was received, so fingers cross. Hope we all get good news soon.
Have you heard anything yet? I sent updated docs last week. I thought I would hear back from them this week. UGhhh! So frustrating.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hi guys,

There are flights opening up to Russia and it is not a visa country. It's a huge challenge for sure. I would write to them immediately and ask for a 90 day extension due to COVID. They are still saying, I think, that no one's file will be refused or closed due to delays in completing the steps because of COVID.

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Have you heard anything yet? I sent updated docs last week. I thought I would hear back from them this week. UGhhh! So frustrating.
Hey. Don’t worry. You submitted docs and did what you had to do. 100 percent sure everything will come soon. You made it this far already. Try to enjoy your last few days or weeks with your loved ones before you leave. In any case flights and stuff haven’t fully resumed.

Reactions: OnlyOne80

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hey. Don’t worry. You submitted docs and did what you had to do. 100 percent sure everything will come soon. You made it this far already. Try to enjoy your last few days or weeks with your loved ones before you leave. In any case flights and stuff haven’t fully resumed.
Thanks for this! I just woke up feeling very on edge...what a crazy process this is. I will be patient and wait my turn. I'm seeing that Air Canada has resumed some flights in June so will pray to get all approvals and our visa stamped by then. You got COPR right? Have you sent everything in yet?

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Thanks for this! I just woke up feeling very on edge...what a crazy process this is. I will be patient and wait my turn. I'm seeing that Air Canada has resumed some flights in June so will pray to get all approvals and our visa stamped by then. You got COPR right? Have you sent everything in yet?
No worries. Actually I just saw this thread. After I Replied I checked ecas and saw decision made. ! No letter from gckey yet.
We submitted all docs and passport already.
im very grateful as I’m sure this means a CoPR for my wife. Will inform when it happens. As it will happen as is happening for you and all others here. Please don’t frustrate yourself in the process. You have to speak power over your life and your future. !

Reactions: OnlyOne80

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
No worries. Actually I just saw this thread. After I Replied I checked ecas and saw decision made. ! No letter from gckey yet.
We submitted all docs and passport already.
im very grateful as I’m sure this means a CoPR for my wife. Will inform when it happens. As it will happen as is happening for you and all others here. Please don’t frustrate yourself in the process. You have to speak power over your life and your future. !
Congrats!! Yes, if you submitted your passport that means you will get COPR when the passport is stamped and sent back to you. Amen...God is in control. Trying to be patient, but it's hard sometimes especially when you feel so close to the end. Happy that you will be reunited with your wife very soon. <3

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Congrats!! Yes, if you submitted your passport that means you will get COPR when the passport is stamped and sent back to you. Amen...God is in control. Trying to be patient, but it's hard sometimes especially when you feel so close to the end. Happy that you will be reunited with your wife very soon. <3
Yes I can imagine as I am missing my wife and son so much. But just like a pregnancy you can’t force the timing. Also look at how lucky we are to be in this stage. There are people here waiting wayy longer than us. To them I say to have faith and visualize the results they want.

Reactions: neg mawon