+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
We got our prearrival letter Thursday! However no medical request as yet! And status has changed to processing PR application. VO Mexico.
Congratulations!!!

Your spouse is St Lucian, right? Any thoughts on how they're going to get to Canada with the AC and West Jet flights cancelled or will you wait until they're running again.

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Congratulations, my spouse is from St lucia as well but we still waiting 26 months and counting
Wow. Also from St Lucia and waiting 18 months now. 26 months is just so unacceptable and it's so hard not being able to get any information, any updates. I really feel for both of you. Seeing these updates from others makes me hopeful but at the same time it is so dangerous getting hopes up when no one can give us any sense of security that our applications are in process.

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Wow. Also from St Lucia and waiting 18 months now. 26 months is just so unacceptable and it's so hard not being able to get any information, any updates. I really feel for both of you. Seeing these updates from others makes me hopeful but at the same time it is so dangerous getting hopes up when no one can give us any sense of security that our applications are in process.
Am always asking for an update and get the same thing over and over how long can eligibility take. I send them a message again on Sunday. I will every few weeks until they get tired of me.

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
I recieved this
"the file is undergoing background checks including a criminal verification. Mexico is still in a high level of health alert because of the coronavirus pandemic. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications. Note that our partners who assist us in the background checks are equally affected though we recently confirmed that the verification is in process with their office. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so"

Our mp said criminality verification was the only left.. what does this mean and how long ?

I have no clue, sorry

Jupoleon

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Your spouse is St Lucian, right? Any thoughts on how they're going to get to Canada with the AC and West Jet flights cancelled or will you wait until they're running again.
Yes he is! Well we haven't given it a thought yet. Just really praying that all of this is lifted by the time he get the OK to come. So frustrating tho.

Jupoleon

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Congratulations, my spouse is from St lucia as well but we still waiting 26 months and counting
I sent them a webform we have a son and im forced to stay home because of this covid his daycare closed several times i lost my job . So i told them i can't do this alone anymore i need his help its just me . Andva month after they sent this. Its seriously a huge issue that the Gov is not addressing!

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi. What does the official passport request letter usually say. Still confused why the letter asks for the passport and other updated forms. It also talks about the copr will be issued for one year etc. but doesn’t actually say the pr is approved. Any comments
Hi Mr Gavin,

Did you submit the passport yet? We are going to do that next week and I am not sure I'm understanding the instructions on the website.
In one place it says you can collect it in person and then on the fees page it says you have to have it returned to you by courier. Can you drop it off in person? It seems weird to be able to drop it off but not be able to pick it up.

Any insight is appreciated.

thanks

Reactions: mrgarvin

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi Mr Gavin,

Did you submit the passport yet? We are going to do that next week and I am not sure I'm understanding the instructions on the website.
In one place it says you can collect it in person and then on the fees page it says you have to have it returned to you by courier. Can you drop it off in person? It seems weird to be able to drop it off but not be able to pick it up.

Any insight is appreciated.

thanks
What office are you submitting to