Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Good morning, we got our request for medicals as well as the request for passport last night! Looks like mexico is shaking off the cobwebs. We also need to provide proof he never married or was common law with the mother of his child...not sure how to prove that? custody agreement and sworn affidavit?

Ggggg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Good morning, we got our request for medicals as well as the request for passport last night! Looks like mexico is shaking off the cobwebs. We also need to provide proof he never married or was common law with the mother of his child...not sure how to prove that? custody agreement and sworn affidavit?
I recieved this
"the file is undergoing background checks including a criminal verification. Mexico is still in a high level of health alert because of the coronavirus pandemic. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications. Note that our partners who assist us in the background checks are equally affected though we recently confirmed that the verification is in process with their office. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so"

Our mp said criminality verification was the only left.. what does this mean and how long ?

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Did you send it as a webform or direct to email
Its odd how after 20 months of no update from Mexico, I send a letter updating them that our relationship is still ongoing, then within a month, my husband's app is moved to Trinidad.... I hope it's because they are getting ready for his interview to be conducted there.

So yes, send them an update with photos, your chat logs since you applied, phone logs, or travel history.. anything that shows you are still communicating and in a relationship.

Jan 21, 2020
Its odd how after 20 months of no update from Mexico, I send a letter updating them that our relationship is still ongoing, then within a month, my husband's app is moved to Trinidad.... I hope it's because they are getting ready for his interview to be conducted there.

So yes, send them an update with photos, your chat logs since you applied, phone logs, or travel history.. anything that shows you are still communicating and in a relationship.
I recently came back from Guyana so I forward everything pics,boarding pass,bank statements wire transfers,life insurance

Reactions: EmeraldEyes

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
today marks 28 months for our app. 851 days. I haven't gotten a reply from Trinidad since my husband's app was transferred. Anyone have a video interview there?

• Sad
Reactions: Jupoleon