Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi everyone, after no updates from Mexico VO since Aug 2019, I finally received an update today. My husband's file has now been moved to Trinidad VO for his interview (he's from St. Vincent in the Caribbean). They also confirmed there's no getting around the interview process. So chances are we will still have to wait upwards of another year because of the pandemic, lack of flights, and border closures. HOWEVER, this is exactly what I have been praying for. It is so much easier for both of us to travel to Trinidad for the interview, also no language barrier.

I don't know if this actually means Mexico VO is operating, but after believing our file had been lost in some bottomless hole, I am very relieved that our file was in fact not lost and that someone is working on 2018 apps.

I will also mention, I requested a second GCMS notes in Oct 2020, received that in Nov 2020. I sent an update to Mexico twice since then as well. One with an update regarding my trip to see my husband in October with travel details and photos. I also sent another update Feb 6, 21, with our call history on whatsapp dating back 4 years. Idk if these updates to Mexico had any effect on them moving our file, but maybe it did? If you have been waiting since 2018 or 2019, send them more info updating that you are still connected with your spouse and children.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hi everyone, after no updates from Mexico VO since Aug 2019, I finally received an update today. My husband's file has now been moved to Trinidad VO for his interview (he's from St. Vincent in the Caribbean). They also confirmed there's no getting around the interview process. So chances are we will still have to wait upwards of another year because of the pandemic, lack of flights, and border closures. HOWEVER, this is exactly what I have been praying for. It is so much easier for both of us to travel to Trinidad for the interview, also no language barrier.

I don't know if this actually means Mexico VO is operating, but after believing our file had been lost in some bottomless hole, I am very relieved that our file was in fact not lost and that someone is working on 2018 apps.

I will also mention, I requested a second GCMS notes in Oct 2020, received that in Nov 2020. I sent an update to Mexico twice since then as well. One with an update regarding my trip to see my husband in October with travel details and photos. I also sent another update Feb 6, 21, with our call history on whatsapp dating back 4 years. Idk if these updates to Mexico had any effect on them moving our file, but maybe it did? If you have been waiting since 2018 or 2019, send them more info updating that you are still connected with your spouse and children.
is exactly what i was telling ppl to do send them a bunch of REAL things (cause yes they verify! and can use them against you too)

but real developments is what matters.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Got asked today for my wife and son updated PCC and updated form IMM5669 November 2018 apps hopefully this means we are at the end .
It's sure moving at least !

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020

Good to hear you finally got some kind of movement. My heart goes out to you, you have been waiting for so long.

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
requested GCMS notes today. anyone else request them recently?

Therockies123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
So finally, after receiving PR from Mexico, had to deal with the burden of limited flights from Trinidad, then limited testing availability as it needs to be from a recognized international institution, and then the revised Canadian travel restrictions. Thank goodness we persevered and managed to get a flight out on Feb 17 and had no issues. We definitely couldn't handle the extra $ to hotel quarantine with limited forex. The immigration officer was nice and informative. Toronto wasn't as busy as expected. Thank you to everyone on this forum for keeping us sane and focused. Don't give up. We kept sending emails to MVO almost every other week so that our file didn't collect dust. March 2019 applicant. Good luck to everyone.

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
So finally, after receiving PR from Mexico, had to deal with the burden of limited flights from Trinidad, then limited testing availability as it needs to be from a recognized international institution, and then the revised Canadian travel restrictions. Thank goodness we persevered and managed to get a flight out on Feb 17 and had no issues. We definitely couldn't handle the extra $ to hotel quarantine with limited forex. The immigration officer was nice and informative. Toronto wasn't as busy as expected. Thank you to everyone on this forum for keeping us sane and focused. Don't give up. We kept sending emails to MVO almost every other week so that our file didn't collect dust. March 2019 applicant. Good luck to everyone.
Awesome

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Are there actually flights going in and out of Trinidad??? Congratulations by the way! Fantastic news!