Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
27 months today.. How are you all taking care of your mental health? I've been strong for so many years and I'm honestly getting to a breaking point. Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a mental health expert who can help with dealing with our particular situation? There's so much out of our control and when my friends and family try to reassure me that everything will work out, it's not helpful. I know they mean well, but it doesn't help with the despair of feeling like the whole government is crushing you, especially right now with COVID. Not being able to meet with a friend in person to connect with, add to that, not able to be with your spouse, the one person you confide in. This whole time with COVID I felt so strong, like this was nothing compared to being apart from my husband, now 27 months into this shit, and I feel like it's all hitting me at once. Anyone in Calgary know of any such mental health support for being separated from your spouse?

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Anyone here had experience with brining their spouse to Canada during the sponsorship process? Spouse has visa and came to Canada multiple times already when we lived outside Canada but not since the sponsorship started. I want to bring her and my son here in a month or two while we wait for the copr. I will have my lawyer do the dual intent documents and he said it should be ok but I just wanted to hear about any experiences.
If you get approval for dual intent, please update us. Almost no one seems to get approved due to 179(b) of IRPA

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Anyone here had experience with brining their spouse to Canada during the sponsorship process? Spouse has visa and came to Canada multiple times already when we lived outside Canada but not since the sponsorship started. I want to bring her and my son here in a month or two while we wait for the copr. I will have my lawyer do the dual intent documents and he said it should be ok but I just wanted to hear about any experiences.
My husband applied for his TRV dec 2020 and just got passport request... they didn’t even say if he’s approved. We sent the passport and we are just waiting now. I hope he can also come to Canada while waiting... it’s so hard when we’re separated from our spouses

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
My husband applied for his TRV dec 2020 and just got passport request... they didn’t even say if he’s approved. We sent the passport and we are just waiting now. I hope he can also come to Canada while waiting... it’s so hard when we’re separated from our spouses
I’m Sure it will be ok don’t worry. Most likely he is approved. My wife has a visa so the only thing is when she comes to the border it’s not like usual because she has a pr application in process. You have to show docs and show reasonable evidence that you will leave Canada if the pr is denied. You know my wife could just have applied as express entry and gotten through quicker jeez. This is nuts.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
I’m Sure it will be ok don’t worry. Most likely he is approved. My wife has a visa so the only thing is when she comes to the border it’s not like usual because she has a pr application in process. You have to show docs and show reasonable evidence that you will leave Canada if the pr is denied. You know my wife could just have applied as express entry and gotten through quicker jeez. This is nuts.

Oh I had no idea!!! We disclosed that on the TRV app. Is all of that necessary? Are you sure? I know she’s 100% entitled to visit you!! Let me know how it goes for you!!

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Oh I had no idea!!! We disclosed that on the TRV app. Is all of that necessary? Are you sure? I know she’s 100% entitled to visit you!! Let me know how it goes for you!!
If you get the visa after having applied for the Spousal sponsorships I’m sure you would have no problems at the border. From the forum here it seems a lot of spouses aren’t able to get visas especially after having a or application inside From what I understand most people don’t have a problem at the border once they have a visa. But the spouse still has to be able to show clearly and reasonably they have strong ties To the other country as well when the border officer asks. This is called dual intent. ( intent to visit temporarily but also another intent to permanently reside )

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
You mean after already having a visa ??? My lawyer said he has had no problems brining in spouses who already had visas.
ohh i misunderstood. I didn't realize you already were approved for the visa. congratulations

lhr93

Feb 3, 2019
Hi all,
We are September 2019 applicants and just this morning got the medical request!
Super late but at least it means they're working?

Lbunny388

Feb 19, 2021
Hi all,
They are...super slowly but definitely working. We got a medical request in January and they updated it in GcKey about a week after the medical was done.

Reactions: lhr93

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi all,
I don't think the medical request is initiated by an officer in the Mexico VO. When I got my GCMS notes in the summer it was clear that it was initiated by an officer in a central office.