Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I think they've cancelled all flights from the Carribean.
All flights from Canadian companies until End of April, others still can go... As long as they arrive to the 4 listed airports
Pearson Trudeau Vancouver airport and another one... i don't know which is

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
CAQ MNA Youri Chassin made a trip to Perou and he said he’s been involved since March 2019 in a sponsorship process to have his spouse from Peru immigrate to Quebec
Prime minister of Quebec agrees this is essential non discretionary reason to travel:
https://www.journaldequebec.com/2021/01/19/covid-19-francois-legault-defend-le-voyage-au-perou-de-son-depute-youri-chassin
Essential is when it's not for tourism , as in someone entering Canada as PR after the person got the papers. it's looking as bad cause it's a minister that did it. Means visiting your spouse seems now not to be essential trip... it's tough to follow honestly but seems the case.

Means now you have to have a BIG reason to go outside the country at least for now.

Last edited:

Jan 21, 2020
All flights from Canadian companies until End of April, others still can go... As long as they arrive to the 4 listed airports
Pearson Trudeau Vancouver airport and another one... i don't know which is
Flights to Guyana is still going but the hotel fees is ridiculous

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Flights to Guyana is still going but the hotel fees is ridiculous
That's the price we all pay for those that have been dumb in the last months... Hotel quarantine is the only way around to make sure that ppl will respect the rules it seems. Now PCR tests are also mandatory for entryè

I'm soooo glad my wife entered before all those measures in November.

Last edited:

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
WE are. 27 months in the process so far. This is what I got back yesterday:

Good day,

Due to the ongoing pandemic all IRCC offices are operating at reduced staffing levels in Latin America and the Caribbean.

The migration office in Port of Spain is not in a position to conduct interviews at this time. All interviews must be completed with the applicant present at an IRCC office.

IRCC is constantly reviewing services that can be offered with a view of being able to resume these services as quickly as possible once conditions allow. Again, we are dealing with unprecedented circumstances and we do understand that the delays in processing of family class spousal sponsorship cases are frustrating to all those involved.

Regards

IRCC-PORT OF SPAIN

Migration Unit

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

3-3A Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair | 3-3A, rue Sweet Briar, St. Clair

Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago | Port d’Espagne, Trinité-et-Tobago

PSPAN-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I would challenge that the interview must be completed with the applicant present at the office. Havent other immigration categories or locations had telephone interviews? Do they not have 20 pictures of your spouse that they could identify them over a video call? Have your spouse hold their ID up next to them to identify them for the interview? This is something that needs to be brought up to your MP. This visa office is refusing to find any work around to a relatively simple problem including solutions other visa offices have used. If you can have a doctors appointment over a video call you can do a damn interview. Were they planning on hooking him up to a lie detector?

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
So it seems most persons still waiting from 2018/2019... requires interview? Trinidad and Tobago’s borders has been closed since March 2020.... so I can see why it’s delayed that long (ofcourse they should have workarounds) but are there applicants who don’t need interviews and still waiting from that far aback?

Ggggg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
So it seems most persons still waiting from 2018/2019... requires interview? Trinidad and Tobago’s borders has been closed since March 2020.... so I can see why it’s delayed that long (ofcourse they should have workarounds) but are there applicants who don’t need interviews and still waiting from that far aback?
We're September 2019 applicants and passed eligibility in December 2020. Don't require interview. From MP only criminality verification is needed to finalize...

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I would challenge that the interview must be completed with the applicant present at the office. Havent other immigration categories or locations had telephone interviews? Do they not have 20 pictures of your spouse that they could identify them over a video call? Have your spouse hold their ID up next to them to identify them for the interview? This is something that needs to be brought up to your MP. This visa office is refusing to find any work around to a relatively simple problem including solutions other visa offices have used. If you can have a doctors appointment over a video call you can do a damn interview. Were they planning on hooking him up to a lie detector?
Their answer is pretty much meaning we don't care much about those kind of case, We still stand our ground at the old methods no matter what... Just when we thought Canada was innovative... we are so far from it. It's the old British system

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
I hope so. I feel like this is never ending. Going into 17 months soon. And we have 11 month old baby. :(
Oh my... that sucks!!! I hope you hear good news soon... Their priorities are surely a bit mixed up huh. Reunification should be priority instead they place a lot of resources on bringing in couples that are together outside of Canada. I admit that they too need attention but they don’t understand what separation feels likes. Everyone wants to get away from a bad country for betterment. But there should be priority on spouses who are actually separated. Even worse so parents separated from kids!!!

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Oh my... that sucks!!! I hope you hear good news soon... Their priorities are surely a bit mixed up huh. Reunification should be priority instead they place a lot of resources on bringing in couples that are together outside of Canada. I admit that they too need attention but they don’t understand what separation feels likes. Everyone wants to get away from a bad country for betterment. But there should be priority on spouses who are actually separated. Even worse so parents separated from kids!!!

They can't start this thing. I know i won't make friends by telling this but that would be def a discriminatory flag. You have kids ? you pass fast ... a couple that love each other and are apart have the same value than others. On the other hand .yes outside application ans separated should be priorized because those ppl are not able to live their married life fully and correctly with this situation, and majority of Visa gets refused even tho so.... Which they rarely give the chance.

What should matter is to be able to be with your loved one by the time papers are completed, period.

Immigration is a tough world, it's emotionnal really frustrating Some finds their chance to be in the lucky ones (i consider i am in that group even if i had to request and add extra info and support from MP) but i had to put a lot of efforts and research to get through and soo glad is done and over.

i Guess what has an impact is their "QUOTA" of reunition that are published every year. If they are late on the objective , i guess that's where they put some cases first to achieve their goals at the ministry.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandy24

Tina556

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Mines is April 2019 and still pending eligibility
Ok Ic I contacted my MP First , she told me my husbands medical expired after reaching out to IRCC.I followed up by sending 2 web forms a week within 6 weeks he got pre arrival,dm and a passport request .Once I requested an extension On the medical his file started progressing rapidly PA from Guyana

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
They can't start this thing. I know i won't make friends by telling this but that would be def a discriminatory flag. You have kids ? you pass fast ... a couple that love each other and are apart have the same value than others. On the other hand .yes outside application ans separated should be priorized because those ppl are not able to live their married life fully and correctly with this situation, and majority of Visa gets refused even tho so.... Which they raraly give the chance.

What should matter is to be able to be with your loved one by the time papers are completed, period.

Immigration is a tough world, it's emotionnal really frustrating Some finds their chance to be in the lucky ones (i consider i am in that group even if i had to request and add extra info and support from MP) but i had to put a lot of efforts and research to get through and soo glad is done and over.

i Guess what has an impact is their "QUOTA" of reunition that are published every year. If they are late on the objective , i guess that's where they put some cases first to achieve their goals at the ministry.
I agree and I’m definitely not saying application with kids should be faster but 17 months and little update? I don’t have kids but I can only imagine it’s way worst than being separated from your spouse only. I get this is not normal times with covid but from reading past posts seems Mexico is always over the 1 yr period. Again I’m assuming here because I’m not sure if those applications from back then have issues.